News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

doctornick

SWL expansion - at least for the foreseeable- will be on the new berm between it and the Mickey ride showbuilding.

It hurts not saying GMR show building.

Are they burying an empty showbuilding or anything like that in the berm? Doesn't seem like they are based on aerials and it seems to me that it would be a huge undertaking to dig up the berm and add an attraction once SW:GE and Micky are up and running since that area you are talking about would be in the middle of guest areas.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are they burying an empty showbuilding or anything like that in the berm? Doesn't seem like they are based on aerials and it seems to me that it would be a huge undertaking to dig up the berm and add an attraction once SW:GE and Micky are up and running since that area you are talking about would be in the middle of guest areas.
No buried building. It would only need a construction wall. They’ve created an operationally challenging island of a large backstage area. Middle of a guest area but with plenty of room. And with all of Pixar Place as a staging area.

The space is large enough to take a second battle ride sized attraction.

ToTBellHop

No buried building. It would only need a construction wall. They’ve created an operationally challenging island of a large backstage area. Middle of a guest area but with plenty of room. And with all of Pixar Place as a staging area.

Might it have been wiser to put Battle Escape there and left the current space open?

Maybe they’ll move it in between moving Star Tours and Small World.

jakeman

And yet even now the rumored SW hotel new rumors from insiders say its on the bubble.
Tagging @marni1971. I've not been following the SW hotel closely, but I did read the most current thread and nothing has been mentioned about a possible cancellation. Just that there is no new information lately.

Unless this is some sort of weird active voice thing where in your opinion there are new rumors from insiders saying that it is on the bubble. Sorry, not exactly sure how grammatical mulligans work.

Last edited:

jimbaker84

In fairness, i think the penny has dropped now and they have realised that investment is needed to enhance the parks they already have in order to improve guest satisfaction and attempt to reduce wait times. It is frustrating that this should have happened years ago, but at least it is happening now.

Perhaps when they have finished the current phase of improvements they may have something more significant in mind for Star Wars. It would make sense for them to have the existing parks in good working order before embarking on a multi year theme park build.

Last edited by a moderator:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tagging @marni1971. I've not been following the SW hotel closely, but I did read the most current thread and nothing has been mentioned about a possible cancellation. Just that there is no new information lately.

Unless this is some sort of weird active voice thing where in your opinion there are new rumors from insiders saying that it is on the bubble. Sorry, not exactly sure how grammatical mulligans work.
Nothing new.

britain

Well, not THAT big. Unless you are talking about the actual battle RIDE portion and leaving out the First Order hangar.

1518192734987.png

doctornick

I know it's further thread drift...

SWGE is approximately 2 acres larger than Pandora. You are correct that the show building eat up quite a bit of the acreage. Pandora has quite a bit of interactive features, but you need to know where to find them-pretty random.

Does Pandora have "quite a bit"? I remember trying to look up what there was and couldn't find much info. Perhaps they are a little too hidden. The only interactive stuff we learned about/found:

1. The tickler plant at the entrance that blows out mist when you touch it
2. the drums when played cause the rocks to light up
3. in the water feature, there are "animals" that spit out water in response to movement

Perhaps there is more -- surely there is -- but I was generally disappointed in the quantity of interactive stuff, as I though it would be ubiquitous. Perhaps it is too well hidden. But I haven't even been able to find articles online either and with Disney stuff always gets out and gets reported. And they didn't have the "path that lights up when you walk on it" that was teased and expected.

HauntedMansionFLA

Does Pandora have "quite a bit"? I remember trying to look up what there was and couldn't find much info. Perhaps they are a little too hidden. The only interactive stuff we learned about/found:

3. in the water feature, there are "animals" that spit out water in response to movement

Perhaps there is more -- surely there is -- but I was generally disappointed in the quantity of interactive stuff, as I though it would be ubiquitous. Perhaps it is too well hidden. But I haven't even been able to find articles online either and with Disney stuff always gets out and gets reported. And they didn't have the "path that lights up when you walk on it" that was teased and expected.
I thought there were going to be a lot of interactive things attached to wearing the MagicBand.

the.dreamfinder

Excluding Rainforest, it’s a little over 4 acres. Including Rainforest, 5 and a half.

cjkeating

In the central area there are interactive elements which cause animal noises/reactive lights however they are not signposted, it is nothing to go and find but a nice moment if you accidentally discover them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom