News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Fox&Hound

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t there a cast member parking lot being added behind SWL? Is the thought that it could be deemed expansion down the road? Or did I hear that wrong? I thought there was a slated expansion area- or was that Muppets?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t there a cast member parking lot being added behind SWL? Is the thought that it could be deemed expansion down the road? Or did I hear that wrong? I thought there was a slated expansion area- or was that Muppets?
DHS cast parking should move to part of the new area south of Muppets and SWL.

Purduevian

Why is DHS any different than the other parks, they all have multiple projects being done. Animal Kingdom was updating/reinventing it's nightlife right before Pandora opened, Epcot is working on multiple attractions, some are high profile and some aren't, Magic Kingdom is working on Tron and a theater (possibly).

The point being is DHS as a park needs desperate help besides Star Wars: Galaxy Edge, They need to learn that this new land is not the answer for DHS and multitask quickly.

Multitask as in another new land themed after toys or possibly an E-Ticket based on their most popular character? They are doing a lot in an attempt to spread the crowds out, but DHS was in a bad state before all of this.

Last edited:

Purduevian

There was a fine E ticket themed to Cinema too, before they decided to replace for Mickey.
Oh I agree with 99.5% of the users here that GMR should have stayed and Mickey should be a new build, but the idea that they are building SWGE and nothing else is kind of absurd when DHS is getting 1 E ticket, 1 D ticket coaster, a spinner, and a new QS to go along with SWGE all within a 2 year span.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh I agree with 99.5% of the users here that GMR should have stayed and Mickey should be a new build, but the idea that they are building SWGE and nothing else is kind of absurd when DHS is getting 1 E ticket, 1 D ticket coaster, a spinner, and a new QS to go along with SWGE all within a 2 year span.
True, but DHS does and will need double that.

Keeping GMR would have gone a long way to help.

culturenthrills

True, but DHS does and will need double that.

Keeping GMR would have gone a long way to help.

Yep, I don't know why people think that TSL and Star Wars Land are gonna solve DHS problems. They still need more attractions and shows. Even more so to deal with crowds it is gonna get. A Mickey ride in addition to an updated GMR would have helped even more.

jaxonp

How much larger of an area is SWGE compared to Pandora and i don't just mean the stated 14 acres vs whatever Pandora is... How much is walkable show area for guests to be in? I ask because, while Pandora is large on paper, the footprint isn't. These show buildings take up so much space.

Walter Elias Disney

How much larger of an area is SWGE compared to Pandora and i don't just mean the stated 14 acres vs whatever Pandora is... How much is walkable show area for guests to be in? I ask because, while Pandora is large on paper, the footprint isn't. These show buildings take up so much space.
SWGE is approximately 2 acres larger than Pandora. You are correct that the show building eat up quite a bit of the acreage. Pandora has quite a bit of interactive features, but you need to know where to find them-pretty random. SWGE will be loaded with interactive features!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom