• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Myth Maker

The problem is too that star wars is so popular and so big, it honestly needed a bigger stage.. Star wars theme park should of just been a 5th gate. Go big or go home as they say. Imagine exploring all the different planets and star wars worlds... would of been amazing. Some fan made concept art at some point. HWS will be choked with crowds with nothing to disperse them.

brb1006

I know...so annoying...never take them to the parks! :)
I rememeber waiting for the theater show for One Man's Dream during our Senior Trip in 2015 and there was this little girl throwing a tantrum outside the theater. I was hoping the door's would close faster to drown out the screaming in order to focus on the film that was about to start.

Ismael Flores

With nothing to base this on, it does feel like we'll either get the Moana show or the Pirates show in place of the Main Street Theater. I guess the only bright side to a theater, especially if it's Moana, is that it can be demoed for something better in the future. But I don't know if I like them limiting the theaters to specific areas like Adventureland. I guess even Main Street could have been slightly restrictive but not nearly as much. Look at the theaters in Disneyland Paris.

(Again, this is just baseless speculation on my part)
Problem with TDO is that they like keeping shows for decades. Hollywood studios still has some of the same shows that the park opened with and others have been around for many years.

Fox&Hound

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t there a cast member parking lot being added behind SWL? Is the thought that it could be deemed expansion down the road? Or did I hear that wrong? I thought there was a slated expansion area- or was that Muppets?

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t there a cast member parking lot being added behind SWL? Is the thought that it could be deemed expansion down the road? Or did I hear that wrong? I thought there was a slated expansion area- or was that Muppets?
DHS cast parking should move to part of the new area south of Muppets and SWL.

Top Bottom