News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

the.dreamfinder

Just added some trees next to the building.

Fixes most of the issues.

Hides the huge plain wall on the side of the theater, makes it look cozier and looks more like an actual street and not a parking lot

View attachment 215816
When digesting all the developments from the P&R presentation, I doubled back on the art for the theater and looked carefully at how the building is scaled. It reminded me of the way the American Adventure's show building is hidden with reverse forced perspective and trees along the sides of the building.

the.dreamfinder

Also, what are the odds this new theater shares the same basic design with the new Fantasyland theater that TDL is getting?
C34C3C66-658B-4073-92E5-F1543E7639D2.jpg

tdr-theater.jpg

kthomas105

Well, between this and the space restaurant in EPCOT these are my two favorite announcements from D23. This one in particular because it was a great surprise, it works well for the space and hits so many needed marks for the MK. I'm excited to see what this means for the rest of MSUSA too! If they open up center street and create a permanently opened bypass so many crowd issues could be resolved. It makes me wonder if they are considering a bypass on the other side of main street? I know it may not be immediately justified and would be much more difficult to construct but depending on what all is built with the theater (ie shops, stores, food) the bypass currently built could suffer the same crowding MSUSA does now. Having a MSUSA that acts as more than just a entrance/exit funnel is really exciting to me. Imagine if they decided to make the opposite side of main street quiet and quaint; more like specialty shops and boutiques (like a magic shop!) where you actually feel like your in a turn of the century town!

Last edited:

doctornick

I've got to say that I am thrilled by this addition. When the rumors were of a new theater in Frontierland, I was happy to hear about the concept but thought it was the wrong placement -- it would be tough to have shows in the proper theme there plus it would inevitably be located in a dead end which would be a crowding nightmare.

But Main Street is a perfect location. It could use the attraction to spread crowds into that area in non-parade/fireworks times and it is a more "neutral" theme that would fit most any show effectively. Using the TL parking lot space and potentially sprucing up the bypass would be wonderful as it adds significant walking space to more constant use in the park. It also make Main St more "city like" by having more depth. You wouldn't have shows during the fireworks or such anyway, so this allows the bypass space to be fully utilized for more hours.

A large scale theater is exactly a perfect addition for MK (and WDW in general). As others have said, it adds significant capacity, without being a big driver of attendance. And it's another nice indoor place to cool down for a while, certainly needed in the Florida weather.

Heck, and they tied to -- okay, tenuously -- to Walt which is a nice nod.

Really very very pleased by this idea.

Now, go use that Frontierland and Adventureland space for something else new for the 50th. ;)

mikenatcity1

Thanks..for some reason I swore they said Vancouver, but you know...Canada is Canada (J/K). Hopefully they do use that sort of team to build this show. I'm assuming we are going to get something that is not on the Cruise ships since there would be some overlap with guests.

I really hope so too! As it is, Aladdin was on the Fantasy ship AND at DCA and Frozen is on the Wonder and at DCA (the one on the Wonder is a slight variation though)...enough of the clones...there are so many more shows that can be brought...heck- Hercules was just announced as a stage show!

cjkeating

They could always have the queue snake through all the Mains Street shops!!!

Heh. He doesn't know that I've been heckling his videos in the comment section with a differing user name. :D

At least, he's now reading this forum and maybe will stop spreading false rumors.... nah.

I am a nice person but I dislike all of his videos and love correcting his completely out of the sky rumours in the comments.

trainplane3

Heh. He doesn't know that I've been heckling his videos in the comment section with a differing user name. :D

At least, he's now reading this forum and maybe will stop spreading false rumors.... nah.
Time to post some fake permits for Monstropolis. Because we need that rumor still going. It'd be too easy to mess with him.

On the other hand, having him report on rumors that have real weight would be nice.

tsaintc

I love the news about the new Main Street Theater. Personally, I think this would be a great place to relocate the exhibits from One Man's Dream. The lobby could be setup like the American Adventure venue.

And, in a perfect world, the movie from One Man's Dream could be played in between show performances. This would a proper way to tie all of the Walt references together.

EPCOTCenterLover

I wonder if this theater will have a direct access out of the park used for the latest performance of the evening. Kind of like Fantasmic! at the Studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom