New Stitch Show on web

magicmaya

I would agree with you attraction wise, however, their theming is so outdated it's ugly. Our Tomorrowland has one of the best looks (behind Discoveryland of course) whereas their Tomorrowland looks like the 90's threw up.

We still have the old sky way station.When you sit on a bench behind there, it feels like you went to the 80's
It has a great feeling!

Enchantâmes

I think its cute for the kids, but its a bit awkward and has a very slow pace. It didn't help that people were already leaving once it started. I usually see people trying their hardest to get through MK in a day and this show isn't going to go down well with a lot of tourists because its pace isn't fast enough for their attention spans. Its not as bad as SGE though. :shrug:

rdour@techminds

I personally don't have a problem with SGE. I think people have the right to not like it, and it is really understandable considering it replaced a very unique attraction. If it had not replaced something great, I doubt many people would be disappointed with it. For sure, it is not something worth doing more than once on a trip assuming everything actually worked right the first time you saw it.

but, here comes this new show. It didn't replace anything really, so there is no reason to be bias towards it. Maybe there is a bias for those who don't want to see characters spill over and out of Fantasy Land and Toon Town, but it is short and ignorable if that's why you don't like it.

However, I really don't mind characters, or even SGE. But this show, wow, horrible. I am visually impaired, so I miss out on all visuals during the shows. What I get out of park shows is very simple. Great story, great music, and fantastic vocals and acting. I can really tell if someone has tallent by the way they speak their lines or sing their lyrics. I'm always impressed with Bell and Gaston in the Beauty and the Beast show. I love the quality of singers at the Festival of the Lion King show. I even like the Pirate Tutorial because the pirates are spot on with the pirate humor from POTC and the movies. But this show has none of that.

No original music, and dance remixes don't count. The opening song is a remix, and a bad one. The Elvis tracks were pulled right from the JXL remixes. The show host in the video example sounded a bit nervous, so I'll cut him slack til he gets used to the flow. But, the thing that irritated me was the voice of Stitch. As a "living character" this Stitch really didn't fit the character. In the movies and in the series, Stitch really doesn't talk much. When he does, he's making the words count. This stitch seems to have improved his vocabulary. That would be a plus for many, but that's part of the character, why mess with it? Also, Stitch was a higher pitch shriller character, which was irritating. The only thing that was done well in this example, Stitch's signature laugh was OK.

In shows like Turtle Talk, I will try and forget for a moment about the technicalities of the show, and Crush comes alive. I've only been disappointed once by the Crush actor, and maybe he was filling in for someone that day. But, Stitch just didn't sound quite right. They need to work on staying more true to the established vocal patterns of the character, and not stretch them just to fit the need of the show.

Well, at least I'm telling all of you exactly why I don't like it. It is one thing to complain and not like something, but to not explain why doesn't allow others to consider the opinion for validity. If they do improve the acting, and get better Stitch impersonations, I could probably forgive the unoriginal backing tracks and give it another chance.

abug'saunt

Okay, I'm going against everyone else here but I didn't think the show was too terribly bad. But then again: 1) I love Stitch (& SGE) and 2) I don't visit very often so Stitch wasn't crammed into my head. It looked to me to be geared to little kids more than us bigger kids. And hey, it could be much worse. The show could be, dare I say it.....Permanent :eek:.

NewfieFan

I personally don't have a problem with SGE. I think people have the right to not like it, and it is really understandable considering it replaced a very unique attraction. If it had not replaced something great, I doubt many people would be disappointed with it. For sure, it is not something worth doing more than once on a trip assuming everything actually worked right the first time you saw it.

but, here comes this new show. It didn't replace anything really, so there is no reason to be bias towards it. Maybe there is a bias for those who don't want to see characters spill over and out of Fantasy Land and Toon Town, but it is short and ignorable if that's why you don't like it.

However, I really don't mind characters, or even SGE. But this show, wow, horrible. I am visually impaired, so I miss out on all visuals during the shows. What I get out of park shows is very simple. Great story, great music, and fantastic vocals and acting. I can really tell if someone has tallent by the way they speak their lines or sing their lyrics. I'm always impressed with Bell and Gaston in the Beauty and the Beast show. I love the quality of singers at the Festival of the Lion King show. I even like the Pirate Tutorial because the pirates are spot on with the pirate humor from POTC and the movies. But this show has none of that.

No original music, and dance remixes don't count. The opening song is a remix, and a bad one. The Elvis tracks were pulled right from the JXL remixes. The show host in the video example sounded a bit nervous, so I'll cut him slack til he gets used to the flow. But, the thing that irritated me was the voice of Stitch. As a "living character" this Stitch really didn't fit the character. In the movies and in the series, Stitch really doesn't talk much. When he does, he's making the words count. This stitch seems to have improved his vocabulary. That would be a plus for many, but that's part of the character, why mess with it? Also, Stitch was a higher pitch shriller character, which was irritating. The only thing that was done well in this example, Stitch's signature laugh was OK.

In shows like Turtle Talk, I will try and forget for a moment about the technicalities of the show, and Crush comes alive. I've only been disappointed once by the Crush actor, and maybe he was filling in for someone that day. But, Stitch just didn't sound quite right. They need to work on staying more true to the established vocal patterns of the character, and not stretch them just to fit the need of the show.

Well, at least I'm telling all of you exactly why I don't like it. It is one thing to complain and not like something, but to not explain why doesn't allow others to consider the opinion for validity. If they do improve the acting, and get better Stitch impersonations, I could probably forgive the unoriginal backing tracks and give it another chance.

Very interesting point of view!

I really wanted to give this show a chance! I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed... Stitch is a cute character but Disney can't seem to get him right!?!:shrug: My son watched the video and laughed at the knock-knock joke and I think my daughter will probably be entertained by it (she's only three)!

Does anybody have ideas on how to improve it? Just wondering what you all would do to make it better...

Uncle Lupe

It did have one good part, the end. Stitch leaves the planet. Maybe the cheap pyros will malfunction and burn the stage down.

the-reason14

I was not expecting anything good to come from this, but I honestly have to say that I'm surprised that this show is THIS bad. I have to agree with Sir Goofy. I really almost have no reason to be in MK at all since SM is being refurbed. My wife and I MIGHT do Buzz Lightyear and then RUN from the park to avoid this show...

HORRIBLE, Disney. UGH!!! What were you thinking?!

I know what you mean. Though I dont have a reason to go to WDW at all with Space mt. closed. Its not like anything new is opening, nothing new on the E:E, Soarin, or even TSM level. So Im trying to go to DLR for the very first time and make it back to WDW after SM opens.

And as far as the show is concerned, just terrible. The technology has already been used twice at WDW, so why again cant they bring the DL indy ride too mgm? Same ride system? Well, if they can get away with using the same tech for this show even though there's another crappy show in the same land(but atleast Milf is airconditioned) then why cant they build an Indy ride? But either way, its horrible. And why on earth would they get rid of the galaxy theater? Couldnt they have just put this abomination in there? I know its temporary and it just opened, but Im already looking forward to it going away. But why couldnt they have just put this in the old galaxy theater? Atleast then it would hide some of its terribleness to where you dont have to see it whenever you walk into TL. The show is horrible, and I cant say that enough. And you gotta stand or sit on the concrete too? Pathetic.

ryno1982

Congratulations Disney. In just 5 years, you have completely ruined Tomorrowland. It all started with SGE, then Monsters, now this. Why on Earth did they take the two worse things in the park and create something worse? Hopefully once the TTA and Space reopen, things will balance out, but for now it's really sad that the entire right side of the park is a nexus of suck.

worldfanatic

That footage was like watching a train wreck!
Fortunately it's not as bad as the original movie.
Lilo & Stitch has made Disney a ton of money, but for me as a Disney parks junkie, it's been an ABOMINATION!!!!

lennonluvr9

Yeah I watched about 2 minutes of it before i couldnt handle it anymore...I was just plain bored with it. Maybe kiddies would like it, but I'm way past that stage now...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom