New Stitch Show on web

nerdboyrockstar

If I enter Magic Kingdom at all before November (which is doubtful due to current suckage), I will be sure not to turn right off Main Street.

I don't think it's that bad as far as Stitch goes. He's actually the only entertaining part of the show. If they cut out the robots and find a better host then the show wouldn't be so bad.

LongtimeReader

Wow, that's really an unfortunate show. It's like they aimed this at 6 year olds who are starved for entertainment, and forgot about all other demographics.

The go-go girls are a nice touch, but they aren't used to their potential and their "dancing" seems to be so limited and stunted. I've noticed that about all dancers in parades and stage shows in Florida, it's like they are forced into choreography that only uses 60% of their ability and range of motion. Why is that? Is it because of the climate and humidity?

Someone once explained it to me that it had to do with unions or something that limit the amount of movement and choreography the cheaper labor in Florida is allowed to do. That makes little sense to me as I'm not involved in the entertainment industry, but the reality I repeatedly observe is that dancers in the Florida parks always look so limited in their movements and abilities compared to Disneyland dancers/performers, so there has to be something going on there. :confused:

I have no doubt that when Disneyland's Coca-Cola Dance Party starts next month at Tomorrowland Terrace for Summer Nightastic, the Disneyland go-go girls will be twisting and ponying and monkeying with wild abandon, unlike these Florida go-go girls who look like they are trying to dance under the influence of cold medicine.

WDW is under AEA (Actor's Equity Assn.) jurisdiction. Disneyland is under AGVA (American Guild of Variety Artists). They negotiated completely separate contracts for their performers. AGVA is a far weaker union than Equity. There are different rules for what constitutes "Parade dancer" "production dancer" and also acceptable movements allowed on cement without a hazard compensation. For example...You won't see dancers at WDW kicking above waist high while wearing high heels in the parades because it would mean they would be a higher pay scale. Along these lines. It's tricky, because while this protects the performers (non-union employers can ask whatever of their performers, and the performer is powerless to deem what is unsafe), it also means that the day parades at Disneyland look more impressive than their WDW counterparts.

All that aside-- the dancer positions in this new Stitch show are full "production dancer" contracts. Which means it seems boring simply because the choreography and premise are TERRIBLE. :lol:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Yeah I watched about 2 minutes of it before i couldnt handle it anymore...I was just plain bored with it. Maybe kiddies would like it, but I'm way past that stage now...

I keep telling people, the only thing that Disney is aiming for right now is little kids, even the Disney stores are aiming at kids 2-12 now, that's officially stated by Disney itself.

epcotpalms

How embarrassing for the Disney Company.

Magic Kingdom is the crown jewel of WDW and has received nothing great in years. (and I don't count rehabs as new offerings but rather GENERAL MAITNENCE!)

Tomorrowland blows.

rlaeromech

If Tomorrowland is true to its name.. then the future is lame!

MK just became a 1/2 day park.

I'm awaiting bew instructions from touringplans.... Enter MK at open, head straight or left. Do not go right due to over exposure of lameness.

Can they move CoP to Epcot?

Animaniac93-98

A post from Micechat I thought was interesting:

"FYI

When a decision was made to create a new Tomorrowland show, many already knew that Galaxy Palace Theatre (GPT) would close and for a number of reasons. While GPT entertained audiences with seasonal shows and Magic Music Days, the theatre did not have existing special effects or a control tower to do anything lavish. The stage was in need of serious repair (gotta love Florida weather) and to install anything would have pushed the back end of the stage out further. It would have been more expensive to gut/redo the GPT than to just start fresh.

All the Disney purists out there will agree that Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration (SSC) either needs to be blown up or at the very least needs work and in more ways than one. Yet, there is reason to be optimistic. The new stage does compliment Tomorrowland and with the jumbo tron/ control tower, new shows can come and go much like the castle forecourt.

That being said, the biggest blunder was in the early design stages when enough wasn't bugdeted for a shade structure of some sort. And its going to be unlikely that there will be any attempt to rectify this problem since it would require another work permit, not to mention the astronomical cost.

So for now, guests can snooze or squeeze breeze their way through the show as Tip Trendo sweats us through the rather slow narrative with the solar system err sun beaming down from above. At least the show itself will likely be shortened, if not edited.

Happy Galaxy Day!"

magicmaya

A post from Micechat I thought was interesting:

"FYI

When a decision was made to create a new Tomorrowland show, many already knew that Galaxy Palace Theatre (GPT) would close and for a number of reasons. While GPT entertained audiences with seasonal shows and Magic Music Days, the theatre did not have existing special effects or a control tower to do anything lavish. The stage was in need of serious repair (gotta love Florida weather) and to install anything would have pushed the back end of the stage out further. It would have been more expensive to gut/redo the GPT than to just start fresh.

All the Disney purists out there will agree that Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration (SSC) either needs to be blown up or at the very least needs work and in more ways than one. Yet, there is reason to be optimistic. The new stage does compliment Tomorrowland and with the jumbo tron/ control tower, new shows can come and go much like the castle forecourt.

That being said, the biggest blunder was in the early design stages when enough wasn't bugdeted for a shade structure of some sort. And its going to be unlikely that there will be any attempt to rectify this problem since it would require another work permit, not to mention the astronomical cost.

So for now, guests can snooze or squeeze breeze their way through the show as Tip Trendo sweats us through the rather slow narrative with the solar system err sun beaming down from above. At least the show itself will likely be shortened, if not edited.

Happy Galaxy Day!"

That's sad! I went to magic music days last year! I play the flute!

RSoxNo1

Yeah, I saw this as another venue for impromptu shows that can change on a regular basis. This stage is uniform enough that you could put a wide variety of shows on it with little modification, much like the Castle Stage.

d1sn3y

:dazzle::dazzle: MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!! :dazzle::dazzle:
MAKE IT STOP!
Ok.... so what was up with those two robot dudes? It looked like they were wannabe power rangers. Poor Tomorrowland. I stopped right around the middle of the show when the robots were dancing. Was it just me or was their dancing just boring you to death too? I liked the go-gos and the fact that Stich talked to the audience. I didn't get the point of the MC guy... What was here there for? It seemed like he awkwardly stood to the side most of the time. :veryconfu

I did like the news station preshow... I thought that was a cool addition to the whole tomorrowland feel, but the show itself just sucked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom