New Star Wars half at WDW announced

LindsayLoves

It's been almost 90 minutes and not totally sold out. Shocked. :D

The process is a bit different, they keep on opening and then holding the registration. Plus the registration page is different from the normal active/runDisney page, I just went to do a mock signup for the WDW full in January and it is still in the old set up.

Witchy Chick

I got the whole family signed up pretty much right at noon.

Challenge for DH
5K for me
Kids races for.......the kids o_O

Somehow I managed to accidentally sign DH up for both the individual half and for the Challenge. Whoooops. We're trying to drop the individual half now.

MickeyMomV

I have a hard time believing that 3 1/2 hours after race release there are still 1/2 marathon openings. The last 2 races we did had them all sold within the hour!!

dreamfinder

Half Marathon - The Dark Side - 50%
Star Wars Dark Side Challenge - SOLD OUT
Star Wars 10K - SOLD OUT
Star Wars 5K - 70%
runDisney Kids Races - 70%

Are you looking at the right race? There is some other Star Wars race listed that is not Disney. I don't see any Disney Star Wars races listed on Active.com.

Yeah, I was looking at the "hidden" page for pre-reg.

dreamfinder

Half Marathon - The Dark Side - 55%
Star Wars 10K - SOLD OUT
Star Wars 5K - 80%
runDisney Kids Races - 80%

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Yeah but there's just something about the Disney races that keep us coming back!
Disney gets us everytime. haha. I do like the theming of the races. I've ran several 5Ks and three Tower of Terror 10 Milers. I've never ran beyond a 10 miler so that's my challenge this time!

amy1985

This is informational for me, but because this is the most recent registration to open, if you want to register yourself and someone else, a spouse or child, do you have to go in multiple times, or can you do it all from the same screen?

Texas84

This is informational for me, but because this is the most recent registration to open, if you want to register yourself and someone else, a spouse or child, do you have to go in multiple times, or can you do it all from the same screen?

It may have changed but the last time I did this I signed up myself then it asked if you want to finish or register someone else.

Banzai

You can enroll more than one person on the same screen.

I can't believe this didn't fill right up. I was expecting something like last year's Wine and Dine hysteria. When it didn't fill up, I couldn't resist and signed up after all. See you all there

Mad Stitch

2016 discounts were just released and of course they end the day before the first day of race weekend. And this has happened before with other races. :mad:

dreamfinder

Half Marathon - The Dark Side - 60%
Star Wars 10K - SOLD OUT
Star Wars 5K - 86%
runDisney Kids Races - 86%

dreamfinder

Half Marathon - The Dark Side - 62%
Star Wars 10K - SOLD OUT
Star Wars 5K - 88%
runDisney Kids Races - 90%

Mad Stitch

A question to those who are signed up for this race and already made room reservations on property, did you receive the email today?

dreamfinder

• Half Marathon - The Dark Side - 64%
  • Star Wars Dark Side Challenge - SOLD OUT
  • Star Wars 10K - SOLD OUT
  • Star Wars 5K - 90%
  • runDisney Kids Races - 92%

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
A question to those who are signed up for this race and already made room reservations on property, did you receive the email today?

Yes. But I'd already made my reservation (DVC member). All resorts, including Swalfin and SoG will be hosts resorts. Didn't ask if there was a discount if one booked through runDisney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom