New Star Wars half at WDW announced

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just registered us for the 10k. No problems. Other than trying to sign in to my Active account to get my receipt.....

Noticed there's no after party party. Darn.

Figment82

I'm in for the Half, and after some last minute back and forth, so is my husband. I wasn't expecting to have to log in to Active (I don't recall having to do that during pre-reg before?), and couldn't remember my password. Luckily I was able to reset it and log back in without issue. I love the new form - it even allows you to go back and edit your info. Now to eat some lunch and let my blood pressure return to a normal level... Good luck to everyone registering - may the force be with you!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Those are only during the night races unfortunately

I'm running the Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend and there's an after party party Sunday evening at EPCOT. Maybe something will be added later? I noticed there was no sign up for breakfast, the health station (massage, etc.) for the marathoners that you usually see for other races.

LAKid53

Premium Member
My family is about to have me committed. :D

You're going to need to purchase the runDisney medal holder to hang the 4 medals you will receive on. And a wheel chair once you've finished the half marathon Sunday AM to go with that committal, lol.

I'm wondering what special merchandise they will have at packet pickup. A nice SW version of the runDisney magic band would be so cool.

Texas84

You're going to need to purchase the runDisney medal holder to hang the 4 medals you will receive on. And a wheel chair once you've finished the half marathon Sunday AM to go with that committal, lol.

I'm wondering what special merchandise they will have at packet pickup. A nice SW version of the runDisney magic band would be so cool.

I'm gonna get me one of those electric scooter things and wear all my medals. :D

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm gonna get me one of those electric scooter things and wear all my medals. :D

Which is why we need the after party party so we all can congratulate you and envy all those medals.

I don't know which I'm more psyched about - that WDW finally has a Star Wars race, December 18th or SWW next year. Or all of the above.

#LetTheWookieWin

LAKid53

Premium Member
Noticed the % full counter for the race is still reflecting 1% (which was the point before registration opened up). Surely there's been more registered than the 4 of us.

JasonDeyoung

I'm running the Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend and there's an after party party Sunday evening at EPCOT. Maybe something will be added later? I noticed there was no sign up for breakfast, the health station (massage, etc.) for the marathoners that you usually see for other races.
Yeah they all tech have a celebration type party of sorts to end the weekends. I'm talking about the actual after party like at Everest or Wine & Dine that goes on at the finish of the race through out the night when parks are closed

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah they all tech have a celebration type party of sorts to end the weekends. I'm talking about the actual after party like at Everest or Wine & Dine that goes on at the finish of the race through out the night when parks are closed

Oh, thanks for the clarification. Sadly, the Everest Challenge is no more. :(

Figment82

So no quick AP/DVC sellout? Interesting, I thought it would within an hour. I need to wait until next week. :(

From what I'm reading (lots of unhappy people on FB and Twitter!), the challenge filled in 6 minutes but the individual events are still open. Disney has created a monster with these challenges!

BackOTheLine

I want to do this as my first Disney race but I was not on the ball and missed out on the challenge. My question for you guys is this: do they only open a finite number of entries for AP and early registration - and then more when general registration starts, or are all the entries taken and there will be no more once general registration opens?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom