New Star Wars half at WDW announced

PhotoDave219

Because running 13.1 miles in late April Florida heat will end well..... Only The Dark Side would come up with such a thing.

CNQ_EUSWgAAUFu3.jpg:large

Dark Side rundisney.jpg

From The Disney Parks Blargh:

The Force has awakened at Walt Disney World Resort through runDisney’s newest addition to its portfolio – Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side.

This intergalactic quest through Walt Disney World theme parks blasts off April 14-17, 2016 and channels the Dark Side of the Force. The events will include a 5K, 10K, kids races and half marathon plus a special challenge for completing the 10K and half marathon called the Star Wars Dark Side Challenge!

Runners who join the Galactic Empire will enjoy a true Star Wars experience, including Dark side-inspired medals and merchandise throughout the weekend.

After the thrilling inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend at Disneyland Resort this past January, runners andStar Wars fans alike have been vocal about their desire for a similar themed race at Walt Disney World Resort.

To differentiate the two races, Disneyland Resort will embrace the Light Side of the Force with a 5K, 10K, kids races and half marathon as well as continuing its Star Wars Rebel Challenge upon completion of the 10K and half marathon.

Whether you are a runDisney veteran or Star Wars enthusiast, these races will be a journey like no other. By participating in both Star Wars Half Marathon events, runners will earn the inaugural Kessel Run Challenge medal, which Star Wars fans know is the ultimate test of skill.

As runDisney broadens its resume, it continues to bring runners uniquely inspired races while promoting a healthy and active lifestyle!

Registration for the East Coast event opens September 22, 2015 at noon ET. May the courses be with you!

Are you excited for this event? Let us know on Twitter using the hashtag #StarWarsHalf!

FerretAfros

Would have been nice to know about this a few weeks ago before the DL Star Wars races filled up. Then again, it's probably better for my bank account if I skip both of them for a year...

surfsupdon

I'd have booked this race, if I didn't already book the Princess. Either way, it's exciting - this will be my first Princess.

skimbob

Wow I wish they would have announced this before I had already signed up for the 1/2 at WDW in January and the Star Wars 1/2 the next weekend at DL.This will be my 5th Coast To Coast medal and it would have been cool to get it following the Dark Side race instead of after the DL Star Wars 1/2.

DisneyRoy

This will probably line up with Season of the Force at DHS.

See I thought the Season of the Force was going to be in May and take the place of Star Wars Weekends. Why would they move such a successful event out of the period where it has been successful for years?

BackOTheLine

Anyone see anything about passholder early registration date? I followed the links but it keeps spitting me out in the Tinkerbell half info page...

Mad Stitch

So the course includes Epcot, AK, Studios, and ends at WWoS. Is it going to be the W&D course in reverse? I guess ending at WWoS eliminates any chance for an after party.

Kermit262

I was driving to work this morning (wearing my Star Wars hat) when my wife saw the announcement on her phone. So excited for this! We already have Marathon Weekend booked and were planning to do the Wine and Dine, but this throws a wrench into the works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom