dreamfinder

• Half Marathon - The Dark Side - 70%
  • Star Wars Dark Side Challenge - SOLD OUT
  • Star Wars 10K - SOLD OUT
  • Star Wars 5K - 99%
  • runDisney Kids Races - 95%

Mad Stitch

What email??
I received an email saying (I'm paraphrasing) "Welcome to the Star Wars Half Marathon - The Dark Side Weekend. We will be sending you emails to help you make the most of your visit. We look forward to seeing you in April." Then there was info on the weekend and a "Have you booked your resort reservation?" I was curious how much of it was "welcome" and how much was fishing for those who did not book a room.

MickeyMomV

I received an email saying (I'm paraphrasing) "Welcome to the Star Wars Half Marathon - The Dark Side Weekend. We will be sending you emails to help you make the most of your visit. We look forward to seeing you in April." Then there was info on the weekend and a "Have you booked your resort reservation?" I was curious how much of it was "welcome" and how much was fishing for those who did not book a room.
Alright. Yes we got the email and no we have not booked yet. The current offers are not all that motivating. We are waiting to see if they release a better deal than the ones currently posted. I know we can always upgrade the promotion but we just haven't done it yet. For the princess we qualified for PSD, I think we are a little spoiled.

MickeyMomV

My friends wife called and asked if there would be any discounts. She was told "no, the weekend will be too popular."
It all depends how they work/word the discounts and what the discount is. A lot of times if you extend your stay at the front or back end you can get the whole trip under a promotion. For the princess weekend in February, stays for just the weekend did not qualify but we stayed through the next weekend and got the whole thing covered through the PSD promo.

Mad Stitch

• Half Marathon - The Dark Side - 70%
  • Star Wars Dark Side Challenge - SOLD OUT
  • Star Wars 10K - SOLD OUT
  • Star Wars 5K - SOLD OUT
  • runDisney Kids Races - 95%

Greenlawler

Just took the leap and signed up through a charity spot!

So excited! Now just praying Disney offers a deal of some sort so we can stay on property.

Mad Stitch

I think so. I have not yet booked my room and have been watching the rates. $150 for Pop is ridiculous. I didn't spend that much for my room that was beside the Vegas marathon finish line.

Mad Stitch

Dark side medals!

MedalCloseUp.jpg

Mad Stitch

I wonder what is on the other side of that spinner? I'm a little concerned about the spinner because it looks to be about the same size as the W&D anniversary spinners and a lot of those had problems with them falling apart.

Mad Stitch

WDW just released a Spring Vacation Offer with discounted rates good for race weekend. I'm attempting to re-book now.

Edit: I have re-booked, but why is dealing with Disney reservations always such a PITA.

Last edited:

emmccarthy

I saw a picture of runDisney promoting the Kessel Run medal at the Light Side race this weekend. I wonder if that spurred enough people to cause the sell out.

Ah didnt even think of that! Thats probably it....I had been waiting for my boss to approve those days off. Finally told me yes this morning lol oh well....really wanted to try and be "perfect" and April is a really quiet time in the industry I work in and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Flower and Garden Festival

Do they do charity spots for this race?

dreamfinder

Ah didnt even think of that! Thats probably it....I had been waiting for my boss to approve those days off. Finally told me yes this morning lol oh well....really wanted to try and be "perfect" and April is a really quiet time in the industry I work in and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Flower and Garden Festival

Do they do charity spots for this race?

There are charity groups and travel providers listed on the runDisney page, no idea if anyone has bibs left at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom