New Star Wars half at WDW announced

JasonDeyoung

I'll definitely be signing up! Just not sure if I'll do the 1/2 or 10k yet. Glad I get early registration because this one will be nuts, granted they all are. Glad I held off on marathon weekend on the chance this might happen :)

JasonDeyoung

Where did you see that? The RunDisney page only gives a date, no time.

Edit: Never mind, I see it now. 5am, wow that's early.
It is and then you throw in the wake up to catch the bus and all that. Makes for a very early morning. Marathon weekend I was up at 230am to catch a bus ugh lol wish it was night races

skimbob

Anyone see anything about passholder early registration date? I followed the links but it keeps spitting me out in the Tinkerbell half info page...

I was told by Run Disney this morning that September 8 will be the most likely date. They have not finalized that but it would fit with the two weeks before when regular registration opens. I was also told that if we are already getting a Coast To Coast medal by doing the WDW 1/2 and the Star Wars 1/2 at DL we will still get the special Millenium Falcon Coast To Coast medal as well for doing the Knessel Challenge.

MickeyMomV

10K here we come. Can't wait for the DS to turn 14 so we can start doing the 1/2's. Either way I'm guessing he will enjoy showing off the Star Wars medal more than he did showing off the Princess medal. ;)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
About time runDisney added another race at WDW after dumping the Everest Challenge and ToT 10K. I will be there.

BrianV

I'm finally ready to sign up for the 10k and this opens up. Yay. Until I realize I'm busy that weekend. :(. Next year maybe.

Texas84

The runDisney site is now saying pre-registration will be one week before regular registration. That would be the 15th I believe.

SpectroPhoenix

Ouch, the half marathon is $199. The 2015 Wine and Dine only cost $190 but also includes a $15 gift card and the after-party. Is this race expensive only because it's the inaugural one or is this the upcoming trend for Disney races?

Mad Stitch

Ouch, the half marathon is $199. The 2015 Wine and Dine only cost $190 but also includes a $15 gift card and the after-party. Is this race expensive only because it's the inaugural one or is this the upcoming trend for Disney races?

The increasing prices have been a trend for years now. I don't see it stopping until the races no longer sell out, or sell out just a few weeks prior to the event.

MickeyMomV

I think it has more to do with steadily increasing prices and the Star Wars name. We look at it as free race and a $199 medal and t-shirt. :) Not sure if that helps or not.

Texas84

I did the west coast version. Wait until you see all the non-runners that show up. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

This one will sell out fast. I couldn't even get registered for DL during the early registration. I'm hoping WDW will have more characters on the course than DLR did. Hope the 501st shows up. They were great at DL.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The runDisney site is now saying pre-registration will be one week before regular registration. That would be the 15th I believe.

Site now says September 15th at noon is early registration for WDW/DLR passholders and DVC members.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Methinks early registration for this race will be like booking ADRs at popular restaurants 180 days out and FP+ for 7DMT 60 days out. Countdown to noon - 10, 9, 8, 7, 6..... We're off! And then the site crashes, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom