New SSE narrator auditions.

chrisdadrocks

Ok so it seems like most of us want some kind of actor that was on Star Trek:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:How about the man William Shatner " There it is.(long pause) SPACE SHIP earth.. :ROFLOL:

fizzle75

I vote for either Patrick Stewart or Ian Mckellen. I know he already does alot of voice over work for Disney but I still love Jim Cummings and I think he should be considered as well.

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Ok so it seems like most of us want some kind of actor that was on Star Trek:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:How about the man William Shatner " There it is.(long pause) SPACE SHIP earth.. :ROFLOL:

YES there are times during the Cronkite version of SSE that he sounds like Shatner...just a little dramatic in places with those "pauses" for effect. :lol:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

Ooh now that would be great! Or Leonard Nimoy even, but Shatner would be more fun.

And I keep trying to throw in a female voice, so how about Kate Mulgrew? She too was a Captain (and sounds very much like my Living Seas lady voice):animwink:

doop

John Madden. "...and there were Cavemen.... see this guy right here, he's saying "oombaday" or something, and he's got a big ol' animal pelt on his head... then *BOOM*, we've got Egyptians... look at this guy, what's he doing? pounding parchment? is that what he's doing? Who's that big bald guy over there... he looks like Marc Colombo from the Cowboys with eyeliner... that's a big guy, he can move some defensive lineman, but that fan might be illegal on the field..."
:lol:

Seriously though, I think Ian McKellen would be a great choice.

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Ooh now that would be great! Or Leonard Nimoy even, but Shatner would be more fun.

And I keep trying to throw in a female voice, so how about Kate Mulgrew? She too was a Captain (and sounds very much like my Living Seas lady voice):animwink:

Yeah she has a very warm voice. I like it. I think I would hire someone with a smooth, relaxing voice.

maelstrom

Patrick Stewart is my first choice. My second choice is Kate Mulgrew. Spaceship Earth has never had a female narrator, but I think she would be a great choice.

Yes, it would seem as though everyone has chosen one Star Trek character or another. There must be a connection between Disney fans and Star Trek fans. In case you couldn't guess, my favourite Star Trek franchises are The Next Generation and Voyager. Some people don't like Voyager simply because it has a female captain, but I personally love that a Star Trek franchise finally had a strong, confident female lead.

I have to say that in my opinion, William Shatner would be an awful choice. I don't know if I could sit through the ride if he was narrating. I like him as an actor and I think his Priceline commercials are hilarous, but that spazzy way he talks is just really annoying sometimes. I agree with whoever said that they would imagine William Shatner's narration would sound like Walter Cronkite's; his narration was a little jerky with pauses in odd places.

My third choice would probably be James Earl Jones. Morgan Freeman isn't a bad idea, and I could probably live with Leonard Nimoy, though I don't think he has the right kind of voice for it, really. Sir Ian McKellen is another good choice. Someone mentioned Levar Burton; I don't think he has the right kind of voice for the ride, but not a bad voice. I don't agree with the Avery Brooks suggestion (sorry). The woman who narrated The Seas has a very calming voice; does anyone know who she is? Speaking of calm voices, what about Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi on TNG).

loweyan

well after seeing patrick stewart in Othello and A Christmas Carol on stage, I know he would be perfect for it. Although I don't know if I could resist thinking "if it's not scottish it's ____".

As far as ladies are concerned - Kate Mulgrew was really a great suggestion.

As for a younger actor, I would think Dainel Craig (the new bond) would be an interesting choice.

Craig & Lisa

I am leaning towards a sexy male voice. What about Avery Brooks? (Hawk from Spencer for Hire, the Captain from Deep Space 9) After a hard day at EPCOT I could lean back in a dark ride and listen to him! :lol:

Anyone else?
Well, if you really want to listen to him, why not come up to Rutgers and listen to him here. he sometimes does runs a class or two here.

RnRJoe6114

Sean Connery
James Earl Jones
Christopher Walken
Samuel "------ -------" L. Jackson [You can figure out the blanks(Well fit for Disney...)]

mrerk

Premium Member
Dennis Haysbert (President Palmer from "24", Allstate commercials, Pedro Cerrano from "Major League", presently on "The Unit")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom