New SSE narrator auditions.

rdour@techminds

Avery Brooks would be a very interesting choice. Now, I know he has done some documentary work, and it was just amazing. Yeah, Star Trek tends to pick people who not only play a good role, but just have amazing voice talent as well. It has nothing to do with Trek itself, thanks go to their casting directors over the years. Oh, except Enterprise, the captain sounded just like that guy from Armageddon, you know, the rough neck on a spaceship. Yep, that's Enterprise, Armageddon characters on a mission to nowhere.

Ryan

CThaddeus

Avery Brooks would be a very interesting choice. Now, I know he has done some documentary work, and it was just amazing. Yeah, Star Trek tends to pick people who not only play a good role, but just have amazing voice talent as well. It has nothing to do with Trek itself, thanks go to their casting directors over the years. Oh, except Enterprise, the captain sounded just like that guy from Armageddon, you know, the rough neck on a spaceship. Yep, that's Enterprise, Armageddon characters on a mission to nowhere.

Ryan

While admittedly, Enterprise was a bit ill-conceived, don't you be dissin' Sam Beckett (aka Scott Backula, aka Jonathan Archer). He was one of the few things I really liked about that incarnation of Star Trek. Defintely don't go comparing him or that show to anything in Disney's masterpieceofcrap Armageddon. That movie, had MST3K stayed on the air, would have been prime Servo, Crow, and Mike fodder...if they could have sat through the whole thing.

TinkerBell9988

There is an actor on my soap opera named Michael Easton (John McBain on One Life To Live) that has a very deep, smooth (and sexy) voice. He would be a good narrator.

That is, if any of you watch that soap... :lol:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
While admittedly, Enterprise was a bit ill-conceived, don't you be dissin' Sam Beckett (aka Scott Backula, aka Jonathan Archer). He was one of the few things I really liked about that incarnation of Star Trek. Defintely don't go comparing him or that show to anything in Disney's masterpieceofcrap Armageddon. That movie, had MST3K stayed on the air, would have been prime Servo, Crow, and Mike fodder...if they could have sat through the whole thing.

Yup and yup. Agreed. While thinking of Enterprise, my next submission for narrator would be Dominic Keating (Lt. Malcolm Reed) because who doesn't love a suave english accent?? ok, well, amongst the women anyway :lol:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
[off topic] does anyone miss Maya Angelou? [/off topic]

Too bad Carl Sagan still isn't around. Perfect choice for SSE.

devoy1701

Maybe David Attenborough from the "Planet Earth" series. Or how about Mike Rowe from "Dirty Jobs"?:ROFLOL:

Um....was that the British Version of Planet Earth?

Because Sigourney Weaver definitely narrated the Planet Earth that was aired in the states. Btw...she did a great job and I think she would be a good SSE narrator.

what about a co-narrating of SSE? A male and a female? I think that would be a nice touch.

Star Trek does have some great actors/voices under it's net.

I think my pool for new narrators would be from:

Patrick Stewart
Jonathan Franks
Kate Mulgrew
Sigourney Weaver
Avery Brooks
Edward James Olmos

Leonard Nimoy is too boring for me, and Shatner would be a very bad idea...

RHeath2

Um....was that the British Version of Planet Earth?

Yes, and the version that is for sale at all major retailers (official BBC version). As to my knowledge, only the Discovery Channel store offers the Weaver version.

Another possibility would be Peter Cullen, of Transformers fame (Optimus Prime).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom