New Soarin Ride?

kingslyZISSOU

Original Poster
I thought this was common knowledge, but i realized I haven't seen anything on the forums about it...

A family who goes to my church knows a person who has has worked for Disney world for around 20 years or so. I try to talk to the father of the family about Disney every time I see Him. I think he gets annoyed, heh. anyways, his family owned some sort of company, and they would buy a bunch of stuff from Disney buy the semi load. When things were being updated, (such as audio, my dad actually had an amp that was used at Disney world for something, but we don't know what) or being replaced. They had one of the weird futuristic cars from world of motion, and a ride-able blimp version of the dream finder blimp that was made for parades or something. (I thought you dream finder freaks would like that)

anyways, his best friend at Disney (who believe it or not has a high up job, not a bus or boat driver heh. I don't want to get him in trouble or something, so ill just say hes is a manager) took them on a personal tour of animal kingdom within the last year. They told me he showed them a spot in Africa where they were building or going to build (I cant remember) another soarin ride, but it has an African scenery film.

I even looked on google earth, and it looks like theres a big area of dirt/sand that they could be building it on. does anyone have any information on this?

SpenceMan01

I hope this isn't true. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Soarin'. I find the ride mechanism intriguing, but the overall experience isn't worth the 75+ minute wait that it sees pretty regularly. The thought of Soarin' in 3D does seem kind of neat, I'll admit.

I hope Disney wouldn't be foolish enough to (essentially) clone a ride between parks. Body Wars and Star Tours were the same ride with different film. Look at them both now! I'd rather see something completely new.

the-reason14

I also hope that this wont happen. I know its a rumor, but still, I think if this were to come to pass itd be one of the stupidiest things disney will have done in awhile. Just imo though.

Hrudey3032

I hope this isn't true. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Soarin'. I find the ride mechanism intriguing, but the overall experience isn't worth the 75+ minute wait that it sees pretty regularly. The thought of Soarin' in 3D does seem kind of neat, I'll admit.

I hope Disney wouldn't be foolish enough to (essentially) clone a ride between parks. Body Wars and Star Tours were the same ride with different film. Look at them both now! I'd rather see something completely new.

You just answered why Disney may add a 2nd Soarin' type show when you said there is always around a 75 minute wait.By seeing that type of wait it shows that it is a popular attraction and adding a 2nd similar one at another WDW park would be a wise decision.

maryszhi

i think all they need to do is add on to the attraction so more people can ride it, thus lessining the load

OU Boom

You just answered why Disney may add a 2nd Soarin' type show when you said there is always around a 75 minute wait.By seeing that type of wait it shows that it is a popular attraction and adding a 2nd similar one at another WDW park would be a wise decision.
There's a big difference between immense popularity and terrible ride capacity. It IS a popular attraction, but terrible ride capacity better fits the description of Soarin'.

They told me he showed them a spot in Africa where they were building or going to build (I cant remember) another soarin ride, but it has an African scenery film.

I even looked on google earth, and it looks like theres a big area of dirt/sand that they could be building it on. does anyone have any information on this?

I would like this to be true. Mind you, with Google earth that big area of dirt and sand could have long gone...the image of my house is over 5 years old.

BigB911

I would like this to be true. Mind you, with Google earth that big area of dirt and sand could have long gone...the image of my house is over 5 years old.

It seems that different areas have newer images. I bought my house about a year ago, and the image shows my old pick up truck that I just traded in. :shrug:

sbkline

It seems that different areas have newer images. I bought my house about a year ago, and the image shows my old pick up truck that I just traded in. :shrug:

That's kinda scary that we have the technology to zoom right in on someone's house like that. I hope that there aren't any images floating around out there of me in my underwear whizzing out my backdoor! :D

Jodileigh

Hmmm, I have mixed emotions. I LOVE soarin', and I LOVE the idea of an Africa version. But, the other part of me wonders why they would copy another ride? Are the imagineers less than imaginative these days? It just makes me wonder. AK offers such a great environment for all sorts of new adventures that I hate to see space that could be used on something new and wonderful be used on a copy. Just my humble opinion, though!

Jodi

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I thought this was common knowledge, but i realized I haven't seen anything on the forums about it...

A family who goes to my church knows a person who has has worked for Disney world for around 20 years or so. I try to talk to the father of the family about Disney every time I see Him. I think he gets annoyed, heh. anyways, his family owned some sort of company, and they would buy a bunch of stuff from Disney buy the semi load. When things were being updated, (such as audio, my dad actually had an amp that was used at Disney world for something, but we don't know what) or being replaced. They had one of the weird futuristic cars from world of motion, and a ride-able blimp version of the dream finder blimp that was made for parades or something. (I thought you dream finder freaks would like that)

anyways, his best friend at Disney (who believe it or not has a high up job, not a bus or boat driver heh. I don't want to get him in trouble or something, so ill just say hes is a manager) took them on a personal tour of animal kingdom within the last year. They told me he showed them a spot in Africa where they were building or going to build (I cant remember) another soarin ride, but it has an African scenery film.

*background music: Alice Cooper - School's Out for Summer*

On so many fronts this doesnt make sense. Do you think that maybe he is feeding you BS. you did say that he gets annoyed with you.

kingslyZISSOU

Original Poster
*background music: Alice Cooper - School's Out for Summer*

On so many fronts this doesn't make sense. Do you think that maybe he is feeding you BS. you did say that he gets annoyed with you.

first of all, for any of you who are thinking "this kid is full of crap", why would I waste my precious time spreading Disney lies. Thats so ridiculous.

I really don't bug him about it. I was kind of kidding. And when he was telling me about a new soarin, it was him and his wife who were telling me about it.

I don't understand what doesn't make sense about this... Look at Circle vision! they have had at least 3 circle vision theaters on Disney world property that i can think of.

I know, I know, Circle vision is a lot less expensive to build, and run, but think about it. Whats the number one complaint with animal kingdom? no rides! So why wouldn't they want to put in another ride that has a similar recipe that has proved successful in two other parks. Making another clone would be WAY cheaper to build, seeing how they already have all the software, and operating bugs worked out. And I don't think wdi would build it without adding some differences/ improvements.

(I hate to say this, as cool as it would be, but you cant do 3d on a curved screen. Thats why they cant do 3-d movies on IMAX domes. Only the flat ones. Not to mention the drop sequence on spider man that relies on a dome screen is the only video in the ride that isn't 3d. why would they CHOOSE to do that?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom