New Soarin Ride?

EPCOT Explorer

A "world" theme would be neat. The show would have to be a couple of hours long though :lol:

I think of it as each country already has their representation in WS, so it still makes sense to me to keep the theme intact in Soarin', although, the crossover idea is pretty nifty too :animwink:

They could do a nice montage of each continent in as little as 10 mins...If fact,that's been a rumor for quite some time now.

Maybe not *additional* surprises, but *different* surprises. That way they are both equal, but unique.

Wonder if WDI can simulate the smell of lions breath :lol:
:lol:Ewwwww...:lol:

sbkline

I like the idea and I see nothing wrong with reusing the ride technology with a different theme. It's done all the time.

There's plenty of difference in Canada's CircleVision film and China's CircleVision film to differentiate them into two separate attractions without people confusing the two.

Do people find similarities in It's a Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean? They are both indoor boat rides powered by water current.

Do people find similarities in The Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth ? They are both Omnimover attractions.

To be perfectly fair, I don't think those are the most accurate comparisons. I think a more accurate comparison would be the Star Tours/Body Wars comparison that someone mentioned earlier. Or, perhaps an even better comparison would be the Muppets/Philharmagic/HISTA/Tough To Be a Bug Comparison. Those comparisons can be very easily made, and probably are.

Having said all that, I think it's a good idea and I'm not opposed to it at all. Like you said, it's done all the time. I think AK needs some more attractions, and I think a "Soarin Clone" would be a good idea.

MAGICFLOP

Until this is underway it is nothing but speculation. Even if the chief operating officer of AC told you directly. This is still a 5th gate, or bus driver told you senerio.

At this point they can have construction lined up to begin in September, but this still may not happen. Disney could turn around in August and say "attendance is down, and our costs are up due to high gas prices, so scrap the new soarin"

Major moves by big companies can die quckly, especially in a shakey economy. Watch the Dow every time oil jumps 2$.

Just ask the "Rhine river boat ride in Germany"

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
That's kinda scary that we have the technology to zoom right in on someone's house like that. I hope that there aren't any images floating around out there of me in my underwear whizzing out my backdoor! :D
The resolution isn't good enough to see "little" things. :lookaroun You have nothing to fear. :rolleyes:

Madhatter06

You just answered why Disney may add a 2nd Soarin' type show when you said there is always around a 75 minute wait.By seeing that type of wait it shows that it is a popular attraction and adding a 2nd similar one at another WDW park would be a wise decision.

Just like how you can ride the Aladdin magic carpets three times in a row in the same time it takes to wait for Dumbo?

(I will make it on Dumbo one of these days just to finally say I've been on it!)

EpcoTim

Man, Am I the only one on this site who doesn't have a minister/7-11 employee/Grocer/Fisherman that isn't somehow connected through imagineering? Maybe I need to start putting the pinch on my roofer for details on the next DHS E-ticket.

SpenceMan01

Here's an idea: How about they put in a ride with an ORIGINAL concept into Animal Kingdom rather than a clone of Soarin. Doing things quick and dirty on the cheap isn't the best way. I agree with another person that said comparisons between this supposed new ride and Soarin are inevitable and one will not be as good as the other.

teebin

The soarin tech has another good 20 years left in it. If this was true... it would make great sense. And, for the MK... soarin of THE world would fit great... the entire WDW. How cool. As for AK... they could have four worlds to fly over... africa, asia, australia and south america... coming soon as to the later I would guess.

What is the price tag on soarin now that the tech has been worked out? New film, build new building, weld the mega structure that does the cool stuff. How much did soarin epcot cost? anyone know for somewhat sure?

GenerationX

Maybe it will be the Africa of 10,000+ years ago. Maybe you will soar over dinosaurs.
Dinosaurin', perhaps? :D

I love the idea. The Soarin' ride technology is excellent, and the odds that Disney would come through with a beautiful film are very high.

Can any of our Disney insiders on the forum corroborate this rumor?

copcarguyp71

That's kinda scary that we have the technology to zoom right in on someone's house like that. I hope that there aren't any images floating around out there of me in my underwear whizzing out my backdoor! :D

That all depends on what they would be worth to you! MWAAAHAHAHAHAH!

kingslyZISSOU

Original Poster
Dinosaurin', perhaps? :D

I love the idea. The Soarin' ride technology is excellent, and the odds that Disney would come through with a beautiful film are very high.

Can any of our Disney insiders on the forum corroborate this rumor?

lolz Dinosaurin thats the best thing ive ever heard... ever:ROFLOL:

Tigger 68

I did the Backstage Magic tour on 7/2 and a question asked to our guide was if there was any plans for future rides, hotels, or parks at WDW and the guide told us no. Our guide said that all current plans are in developing overseas and nothing in the U.S.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I did the Backstage Magic tour on 7/2 and a question asked to our guide was if there was any plans for future rides, hotels, or parks at WDW and the guide told us no. Our guide said that all current plans are in developing overseas and nothing in the U.S.

As usual - don't rely on the front line for forward looking statements.

That statement even missed the PUBLICALLY announced 1.2 billion in attractions and retheming that is happening in DCA

RSoxNo1

With all due respect to the original poster, this is going to be treated as fanboy rumors until confirmed by one or more credible sources on this site. None of them have weighed in, but I imagine this to be unlikely at best. A stronger rumor for Animal Kingdom seems to be the Jules Verne type land coming over from DisneySea, however we haven't heard anything indicating that has been Green Lit either. My best guess is that the Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom will not be receiving a new attraction for the next two years, as it seems that the strongest rumors right now are surrounding Hollywood Studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom