NEW Smoking Settler's Cabin (Formerly Burning) as Seen from Liberty Belle Riverboat

ght

That looks more like a steam pipe broke than smoke coming from a fire. If they don't want to do flames, then fine but at least have the smoke billowing out of all of the holes in the cabin.

Marc Gil

This is just in!

Disney has announced that Oaken (yoohoo) has just moved his famous sauna from the Kingdom of Arendelle to the deep forests of Frontierland!
c57b2a4afff2a416b8d349ff4e15c9a6.jpg

It's all part of Frozen Summer Fun at The Magic Kingdom!
;)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I know I'm not supposed to badmouth Disney on these here forums but I have to say; That Settler's Cabin is awful. I take back what I said earlier. Having watched the video a few times I've decided that nothing in this case WOULD be better. As is, I've seen better effects crafted by DIY'ers around Halloween. Put that in your cabin and smoke it.

Bluewaves

At least they are trying something, since they don't seem to be interested in trying to find where the breaks in the gas line that originally fed the fire are, its better than nothing I guess

AndyS2992

I suggest you do some research on disneylands burning cabin.
Ok I did. It appears to be a static cabin with some scenery and some piped in horse noises. I think it is just as interesting as WDW's. So what's your point?
800px-Disneyland_Settler%27s_Cabin.jpg

Likewise Tokyo Disneyland's version is the same as the current WDW one just with more smoke as it should be. (3:08)

Anyway, I'd like to point out to people that this is a forum where people with different opinions are going to come and voice them. If you hate the new effect then fine, if you love it then fine as well. But there are people here who are trying to force their opinions on others since they disagree which is ridiculous. Do you like Skittles candy? What? you do?! Well you're an idiot then because I hate them and you will hate them too whether you like it or not. And this is how it is coming across.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

Considering the cabin has sat for the better part of a decade with no effect whatsoever, I'd hardly say it's "defending mediocrity" to think that this is better than that. Nobody is saying that they would rather have this than the burning cabin.

Perhaps this is not the final product. The fact that Disney thought to do anything at all with the cabin after ten years is noteworthy. You could barely even see it the last few years from all the growth.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ok I did. It appears to be a static cabin with some scenery and some piped in horse noises. I think it is just as interesting as WDW's. So what's your point?

I said do some research... not just find out what it is... *facepalm*

I'll point you to the Cliff Notes Guide to the Settler's Cabin history
http://www.yesterland.com/burningcabin.html

Not covered in yesterland is the constant slams Disney has gotten with the repetitive crappy attempts to scrub and cut out the effects of the show.

Unplugged

Watch it carefully. I don't think it's even smoke. It looks like one of the new piezoelectric water vapor mists. Now they not only don't have to pay for gas, smoke fluid, etc., but the water in the river is completely free. Only a little electricity to make it mist, :rolleyes: uh, I mean "smoke".

If they're going to use the vapor for smoke, come on.....at least as others have said, make it come out the larger holes int he roof and use a fan to drive it up a bit. Perhaps even use flickering red/yellow/orange LED spots in the vapor to give it a flaming look as the sun sets or something. Can still be ECO-tainment with a touch more effort to try to fool us. :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom