NEW Smoking Settler's Cabin (Formerly Burning) as Seen from Liberty Belle Riverboat

omurice

I truly do not understand the negativity on these boards anymore. Every thread started leads down a path that Disney stinks and nothing they do is right. I look to these boards for insider information on different Disney topics but often find just one negative post after another. It's become quite unpleasant to reads these boards. If you don't like Disney, why bother coming here and reading about it. Why not just go find a topic you truly like and post positive comments?

YEAH! Wait, how can one rip apart a thread for being negative, without being negative?
Very meta...
(I could critique the critique but then the fifth and sixth walls might crash down too)

On Topic - the 1991 version does look a bit nicer than the 2014 version. Let's hope it will improve. Not expecting a pyrotechnic display but c'mon... Little LED lights that look like burning embers maybe? Could look amazing in the evening.

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Both the Canoes and the Keelboats and Aunt Polly's are missing. If somebody were to manage to return one of these to life, I'd applaud the effort. I'd still remember it is only one of three, but it is a step in the right direction.

Maybe somebody at Disney who 'gets it' wanted to make a difference, and worked hard until (s)he actually pulled off the feat of getting a budget approved for a show effect that nobody complained about had been missing for a decade, and that sells neither DVC nor merch nor F&B.

Somebody did decide to aim higher than a perennial broken effect that had gotten accepted as fait accompli. What if this effort is met with derision and hostility by the fan community? Does that encourage anybody to try to make a difference? Or does that encourage 'told you so's'? ("Told you so, the rubes don't notice and the foamers foam whatever you do")

Some young go getter, who owns all the Imagineering books, who reveres Walt, and the standards he set. I can actually see that, and it's a very optimistic, in a good way, thing to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom