New Slides at Typhoon Lagoon?

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Typhoon Guy said:
Just the two cents of a former Typhoon CM

I wasn't aware that former TL CMs can call up an old RGSM and get info from them.

I never would have thought that the fruit processing plant would have worked, but it did.

BL

ballewclan

bassman said:
this just popped into my head,how about a lost temple that was uncovered by the typhoon,i dont mean like atlantis of something but a sort of incan temple,and the new slides could be concealed within this temple.for a quick example , say that the slide were like the big funnels i mentioned before, the actual exit of the tube end(where you come out at the bottom) could be concealed behind a large waterfall that is cascading down somewhere at the front of the temple structure,that way riders would just pop out of an 'invisible' exit plus it would make for a great finale to a slide.

I love that idea, like really love it. I'm not sure where the typhoon was suppose to have take placed but TL does kinda remind me of Cozumel Mexico and i think some sort of a temple might fit in just wonderfully. Also the waterfall idea would be quite an amazing aspect.

TwoTigersMom

ballewclan said:
I love that idea, like really love it. I'm not sure where the typhoon was suppose to have take placed but TL does kinda remind me of Cozumel Mexico and i think some sort of a temple might fit in just wonderfully. Also the waterfall idea would be quite an amazing aspect.

I haven't been to TL in quite a long time, so I can't really remember the theming. I agree that would make an awesome slide. I'm no weather girl by any means, but if I remember correctly, the Atlantic ocean is cursed with hurricanes and the Pacific has the typhoons. Even so aren't hurricanes and typhoons the same thing other than their names? Oh well can't remember, but if it is correct I'm sure that many of the Pacific islands have beautiful pyramids and other tombs to base it on. Someone should pssst it in someone of influences's ear lol!

edited for spelling

typhoonguy

Former TL CM

Why exactly would I not be able to call up my old RGSM, especially considering I'm still technically 'statused' there since my current role is a TA. Last time I checked, I do happen to have the ability to pick up my phone, dial her tie line, and ask her a few questions..... God save me if I forget how to dial a phone!

bassman

ballewclan said:
:D thanks man i never thought that my ideas would get a response like that,thanks.:king: :D
btw
if you read the numerous story signs along the entrance road they tell the story of a huge typhoon that swept the area and left a small village underwater,or something like that anyway. keep an eye out for them the next time you go, their pretty small so you may want to drive slower to see them

Captain Chaos

Any new info regarding this expansion and the new slides? Has this been confirmed or still a rumor? Any pictures of the land clearing? Construction?

aroyston

POTC Water park

I saw someone mentioned the POTC water park idea that came up months ago, I thought I was going crazy, but I remember seeing the concept art for that park. Am I the only person that thinks that the POTC water park could be for California. Last time I was there, I found out that Disney purchased a very large strawberry farm a few blocks from their current Disneyland property. I heard that Disney was trying to buy it for years but the family wouldn't sell until somebody in the family died or something like that........but anyway.......anyone else have any thoughts on that........After hearing that and seeing POTC concept art, I put 2 and 2 together and think thats where it might go?

ToTBellHop

aroyston said:
I saw someone mentioned the POTC water park idea that came up months ago, I thought I was going crazy, but I remember seeing the concept art for that park. Am I the only person that thinks that the POTC water park could be for California. Last time I was there, I found out that Disney purchased a very large strawberry farm a few blocks from their current Disneyland property. I heard that Disney was trying to buy it for years but the family wouldn't sell until somebody in the family died or something like that........but anyway.......anyone else have any thoughts on that........After hearing that and seeing POTC concept art, I put 2 and 2 together and think thats where it might go?
There are several issues w/ that strawberry field--one being that Anaheim would like to put a new road through the middle of it, which they certainly have the right to do due to imminent domain laws...that may or may not happen of course.

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I just wanted to thank ITSC for providing the link to that map! It was getting irritating to have someone tell me that there are no dozers or anything in TL except in the graveyard when I was just on Crush'n'Gusher and just saw them moving and grooving over there (and so can anyone else).

I'll have pictures after May 21st when I go back.

BL

typhoonguy

Land Cleared

ONCE AGAIN, this land that is cleared is called THE BONEYARD. It has been there for a LONG time. This is where we store extra junk that we'll probably never use again, like the old corals from the reef, dead chairs, slide parts, ect. This has been there since AT LEAST 2002 when I did my college program. Crush is not far from the boneyard at all, it's being expanded to replace all the old sheds in front of the bonyard that are ANCIENT.

Chux

I forgot what slide it was, but I remember seeing reef while I was up there.

It was before Crush, so I'd assume it was HC.

typhoonguy

Emails

Here are the emails to the RGSM, with the names blocked out...

Sounds like a lifeguard being a smarta*s. Funny idea though.

<DIR>
-----Original Message-----

<DIR><DIR><DIR><DIR>From: ***********
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 4:06 PM
To: **********
Subject: RE: Crush

</DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR>
gotchya, just wondered. Isabel's brothers are always snooping around and asking Cast Members stuff and apparently a lifeguard told them something about a 'bumper pool' themed to a car lot that was hit by a typhoon. I told them it sounded ridiculous but I promised to check up and see. The funny things people come up with... :) Thanks for the responses. Take care, see you soon! (Coming back to play on Wednesday)

<DIR>

<DIR><DIR><DIR><DIR>From:*********
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 3:57 PM

</DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR>
Its probably the bone yard where they store all of the construction materials. Nothing new!

<DIR>

<DIR><DIR><DIR><DIR>From: *******
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 1:24 PM

</DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR>
well, I was visiting some of the guys yesterday and chatting at crush with one of the new guards and a guest, when I noticed it seems there's a lot more land cleared out behind crush than I had noticed before. Isabel's brother's were there last week to and mentioned they though they saw a bulldozer behind crush, so I thought I'd ask. No biggy, hadn't heard anything announced so I just wondered if I had missed something, or if something was under wraps for now, or if it was nothing at all.

<DIR>

<DIR><DIR><DIR><DIR>From: *******
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 1:22 PM
To: *******

</DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR>
not that i know of. why?

<DIR>

<DIR><DIR><DIR><DIR>From: ********Monday, May 01, 2006 1:16 PM
To: *********
Subject: Crush

</DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR>
Building anything by crush?

</DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR>

typhoonguy

Construction

I also want to add that in the past, construction has always been completed during the winter when the park closes for 6-8 weeks. For instance with Crush, the parts were stored in the grass lot up on the hill next to the CM lot for quite a while, but the land wasnt cleared until the first close. Granted, there wasnt much clearing to be done for that one, the area was pretty flat as-is before hand, but it would be very odd that they would start construction right before peak... Just some food for thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom