New Slides at Typhoon Lagoon?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
natalia1681 said:
Wait.....so nobody thinks that they are going to clean up River Country:lookaroun

I'm going to assume that you're laughing with me:lol:

and not laughing at me:cry:

:D:D:D

Laughing with you my dear, not at you. :animwink: Hopes of River Country ever re-opening are nonexistent. It is way too far gone at this point. It is sad though because I loved RC, but at this point it is just another one for the history books.

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I would say that River Country could be brought back, but it wouldn't be as a normal waterpark... maybe as an exclusive area for Resort Guests in the Fort Wilderness area. The reason I say that is because when RC was shut down, none of the stuff was taken down - the slides are still all there. I know this because I once was privy to this stuff, but you can also see its true by checking out google earth.

I've got some friends who are still in the know, I'll check with them and see if they can tell me what's going on at the Lagoon. Waterpark developments are not usually as closely guarded as the major theme parks.

BL

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Mums the word. Called up one of the guys I used to work with, but he said he couldn't talk about it. The fact that he can't talk about "it" is a good sign though.

ToTBellHop

Or a sign that no final decision has been made...which we already knew. They haven't spent the money required to remove River Country b/c they aren't replacing it with anything, and Disney doesn't demolish things if no replacement has been decided upon. River Country is closed for good.

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
^^^ I didn't ask him about River Country. I haven't heard anything concrete about it being thought about in any meaningful way...

I asked him about what they were doing new in Typhoon Lagoon. He said he couldn't talk about it.

BL

ToTBellHop

Blue-Lightning said:
^^^ I didn't ask him about River Country. I haven't heard anything concrete about it being thought about in any meaningful way...

I asked him about what they were doing new in Typhoon Lagoon. He said he couldn't talk about it.

BL
AH! That would definitely be under wraps right now.

Connor002

Blue-Lightning said:
The reason I say that is because when RC was shut down, none of the stuff was taken down - the slides are still all there. I know this because I once was privy to this stuff, but you can also see its true by checking out google earth.

"Fixing up" (And I'm using that term very loosely) of River Country would take far too much investment for far too little gain.

And for refrence...

RC0505-15.jpg

RC0505-22.jpg

RC0505-27.jpg

RC0505-23.jpg

So.. you go ahead and get to work.:lookaroun

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
It actually doesn't look that bad... just plants overgrown and the pools haven't been drained or filled in several years.

It's doable... I just haven't heard of any reason for it at this time.

BL

CRO-Magnum

I wish they'd treat water parks like...

MickeyMan101 said:
How about they just put up another water park...

...the theme parks and have a "land" concept around a hub. Probably too late for that but:

- Typhoon Lagoon could add a Pirates theme without it being too much of a stretch
- How about an Avalanche Zone or Out of Bounds for Blizzard Beach with latest generation attractions
- Do the same for TL but perhaps having a Tsunami theme would be bad...
- Face the facts and add a real wave pool to Blizzard Beach
- Add an actual swimming area to TL without waves, tubes, or sharks

Just some thoughts but regardless I'll keep going back!

CRO-Magnum

Talked with an friend...

Blue-Lightning said:
Mums the word. Called up one of the guys I used to work with, but he said he couldn't talk about it. The fact that he can't talk about "it" is a good sign though.

...who's an executive in Resorts (met him when I worked in CRO). Back in 1990 when I was in CRO and asked why RC was closed the answer was due to capacity constraints. I was reminded of waiting in line for over an hour as a kid to find out the park was closed due to capacity. Every so often after enough guests left a new group would be given entry.

There has been significant discussion about turning RC into a Ft Wilderness swimming pool. Opposition comes from A) guest concern about the algae blooms and inherent problem with sharing Bay Lake water, B) cost to rehab considering revenue of Ft Wilderness (would have been better if closer to Wilderness Lodge), and C) continued capacity concerns as Ft Wilderness. Support comes from A) generating more traffic in the beach area to drive more revenue, B) unsightly visual, and C) opportunity to build condo log cabins between Ft Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge and building a connecting railway (although I've been told this is highly unlikely due to the economics). Remember that economics killed the petting zoo and Disney's strategy group is filled with MBA's who only count beans.

That's all I could find out.

natalia1681

What....you guys don't think that River Country looks like it could be fixed up?:eek:

I am shocked, I repeat, shocked:eek:

I'm just going to head on over there this weekend and get started.

Now where did I put that biohazard suit?:lol::lol::lol:

AndyP

tiggerific418 said:
I would be so psyched if they built more slides at TL. I really hope 'later' has become 'now'... I love TL, and even with the addition of CnG the place still doesn't have all that much to do. Lines become prohibitively long in the summer and just makes the place miserable. At least if they throw in a few more attractions the lines will be better spread out. Blizzard BEach has the same problems too, but since I like TL better I am going to keep my fingers crossed for expansion.:lookaroun

I am also waiting for them to figure out a way to create waterproof fastpasses too...:lol:

I don't think any additions to the parks would make any difference to lines in peak season because adding attractions just increases overall capacity (otherwise there is no point adding them because the parks already reach capacity in summer), so there'd be more people overall, and lines would be just as long. But there would be more guests, spending a longer time in the parks = more money for Disney, but doubtful shorter lines for guests in peak seasons.

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hey, talked to another old friend about TL. He said he knew something was going on over there, but that he didn't think it had been made public yet.

I give up... we'll just have to wait until somebody else says something about what they're doing over there.

BL

P.s. I think I'm going to go back to TL one more time before I head home. I'll see if I can get some pics.

Chape19714

"That's Just what we need, a Druish Princess."

Well...maybe we could take a look at Walt Disney World the Video to find out.

In all honesty..I hope RC will re-open, but it seems unlikely. However, there is a bus route from WL to the Pioneer Hall Area, solving part of the transit issue.

Something fishy is going on at TL...Nobody knows what though. We can only hope for another Nemo theamed attraction. :lol:

JEDIsney

Chape19714 said:
"That's Just what we need, a Druish Princess."

"Funny, she doesn't look Druish."

Those pictures of River Country are really interesting. It actually makes me sad looking at them. I feel bad for it.

I hope we can find out soon what is going on over at Typhoon Lagoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom