New Slides at Typhoon Lagoon?

Captain Chaos

Flushing guests down the toilet.. LoL, well, at least you will go the way of your money... right down the drain LOL..

Does anyone know what the theme would be? Would it be the car theme mentioned above?

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thanks for the link. Still, I'm not sure how they'll combine this type of slide with a 50's used car lot buried in sand theme.

I suppose guessing is half the fun.

BL

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Blue-Lightning said:
Thanks for the link. Still, I'm not sure how they'll combine this type of slide with a 50's used car lot buried in sand theme.

I suppose guessing is half the fun.

BL
I would not put too much credence into the information given to you by a waiter for RFC. For all we know he overheard 2 guests talking about their idea for a water slide. If these rides are going to use the same exit pool as Crush and Gusher as suggested by another member it is pretty safe to assume that the theme will coincide with the fruit washing company theme used for Crush and Gusher.

typhoonguy

More slides into crush bottom? Fat Chance!

Crush bottom is already a high-traffic area with a high risk for spinal injuries due to the speed of the slide. That combined with it's lack of depth and the maze of slides emptying into the pool makes me SEVERELY doubt that whatever is being built will drop into Crush bottom. Just the two cents of a former Typhoon CM

hokielutz

It could also be a reference to the Finding Nemo toilet bowl - "all drains lead to the ocean"

Yeah yeah, I know... its a stretch to add that theming...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
typhoonguy said:
Crush bottom is already a high-traffic area with a high risk for spinal injuries due to the speed of the slide. That combined with it's lack of depth and the maze of slides emptying into the pool makes me SEVERELY doubt that whatever is being built will drop into Crush bottom. Just the two cents of a former Typhoon CM
Come to think of it every "toilet bowl style" ride I have been on dumps int an 8' deep pool. If memory serves me correctly the pool at CnG is nowhere near that depth. Also those rides are built directly over the pool which I don't think would be feasible if the exit will in fact be the CnG pool. The only alternative I can figure out would be to modify the exit of the ride to be a slide and not a drop.

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I also doubt that the new slide(s) will empty into the Crush'n'Gusher exit pool. I think it is more likely they will have their own pool.

BL

goofntink

New DVC resort at old STOL location

Thru our construction contacts in disney. Plans are in progress for new DVC resort to be built on STOL location. Possible reuse of River Country is included in planning due to it's close proximity to resort. Will get some more info shortly!:lookaroun

Captain Chaos

goofntink said:
Thru our construction contacts in disney. Plans are in progress for new DVC resort to be built on STOL location. Possible reuse of River Country is included in planning due to it's close proximity to resort. Will get some more info shortly!:lookaroun

Lies.. LIES!!!!!! Ok, maybe not LoL.. I hope this is true...

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hey, great news! I've got some "official" information!

How I got it:
Called up a buddy of mine who requested that I not use his name. We'll call him John. John works as an Imagineer and I know him from back when I used to work with him. I called him up again and told him that info was out about the new car-themed typhoon lagoon slides with toilet bowl designs. He said, "Huh, I didn't know that was public yet."

Here's what he said:

1. The name of the slide(s) is "Splish'n'Splasher".
2. This is part two of a three process expansion to that area of TL.
3. The theming is of a 50's car wash that was hit hard by the typhoon (not a car lot as stated before).
4. There is a toilet bowl design at the end of one of the slides, but the slide(s) are not based around this (and John preferred it be called a "funnel").
5. Guests will be in tire themed "bumper floats".

Here's the exciting part! :

John said the slide is a "tier system," in that guests start on one of three slides that they can choose from. As they go down the slide, they land in "bumper pools" where they can bump or be bumped which then knocks guests down another set of three slides. There are three tiers on the system and some slides share the same "bumper pools" that they end in. The fun part is that different slide elements are only available on certain tier selections - so its somewhat of a crapshoot as to whether or not you will go down the funnel or not. John also said that they're calling it the funnel, firstly because of the theming, but also because this is a modified design for use with floats instead of bareback.

John also said that he didn't think that the info was going to be released for quite some time, but I told him that it had already leaked. He said that wouldn't make the higher-ups happy and asked that I give absolutely no information about my previous job or his current position so that he wouldn't get in trouble. Considering he helped me break this story, I was happy to oblige!

Wow! Exciting! Wonder what the third stage of expansion will be?!?

BL

ToTBellHop

This seems more likely. The toilet bowl ride type is old news--the new type of slide just from ProSlide is built for tubes and doesn't involve crashing through the bottom of the bowl, but rather sliding out through a special exit. They are installing this new model all over the USA this year. My local amusement park is getting one http://www.seabreeze.com/news.asp you can check out a video there.

typhoonguy

Not so sure...

That's VERY interesting considering I just spoke with my RGSM there and the only thing she is aware of is them using some dozers to level out some land for the boneyard behind the reef gate to create a little more room. The boneyard is where we keep spare parts to everything, such as the old corals from the reef, slide parts, ect... I'm skeptical of this 'imagineer' and his story.

the-reason14

Sounds exciting, Im just a little curious about the theme. A 50s carwash that was hit by the typhoon. Is it going to fit in with the tropical like climate of TL, I just cant really picture it.

ToTBellHop

the-reason14 said:
Sounds exciting, Im just a little curious about the theme. A 50s carwash that was hit by the typhoon. Is it going to fit in with the tropical like climate of TL, I just cant really picture it.
I could see it fitting the theme...I'm just not sure why you would build a multi-tiered car wash...but hey, if it's true, I'm sure Disney will make it work.

bassman

I was looking at the link that was posted earlyer and i think that a sideways funnel would be cool,they could make a PoTC theme fit in with it, i mean the film nnot the ride though that would be cool 2,but if it was based on the film version more (specifically the 2nd movie),they could make it like a portion of canibal island.
OR
this just popped into my head,how about a lost temple that was uncovered by the typhoon,i dont mean like atlantis of something but a sort of incan temple,and the new slides could be concealed within this temple.for a quick example , say that the slide were like the big funnels i mentioned before, the actual exit of the tube end(where you come out at the bottom) could be concealed behind a large waterfall that is cascading down somewhere at the front of the temple structure,that way riders would just pop out of an 'invisible' exit plus it would make for a great finale to a slide.

i really like both of these ideas but then again i would, there my ideas :lol:
but what do the rest of you guys think,do you think either of them would work?.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom