New Slides at Typhoon Lagoon?

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
untitled4kd.png

By the way, for those of you who don't know the location I've been talking about, the construction was going on behind those trees in the picture.

BL
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9586/untitled4kd.png

ToTBellHop

watch it be a new bathroom complex...or walkway (complete with grand opening party, of course). Bob Iger: "Here at Walt Disney World, we believe in updating technology repeatedly, and we think this see-through bathroom of the future is just the ticket. Now, parents don't have to ever worry about losing their kids in the bathroom since they will be able to keep and eye on things the whole time--as part of our new Magical Beginnings program."

JCrane

Not that I'm pulling for any major overhaul having only visited River Country the once way back in '91 but why does everybody seem so down on the idea of a refurb?

From what I can remember, it was a really cool place and I distinctly remember the green 'swamp' water and looking at the pics above it would appear that given the right inclination and backing, it could come back bigger and better than before.

I'm sure there are some of you amongst these threads that have a vastly superior idea to me as to why Disney wouldn't want to touch River Country with a dirty stick but for me, a company that has the insight and imagination to create something as spectacular and beautifully themed as Everest could surely renovate the once great River Country if it were to choose to?

The foundations are there...

ToTBellHop

JCrane said:
Not that I'm pulling for any major overhaul having only visited River Country the once way back in '91 but why does everybody seem so down on the idea of a refurb?

From what I can remember, it was a really cool place and I distinctly remember the green 'swamp' water and looking at the pics above it would appear that given the right inclination and backing, it could come back bigger and better than before.

I'm sure there are some of you amongst these threads that have a vastly superior idea to me as to why Disney wouldn't want to touch River Country with a dirty stick but for me, a company that has the insight and imagination to create something as spectacular and beautifully themed as Everest could surely renovate the once great River Country if it were to choose to?

The foundations are there...
River Country is too small, has clear problems associated with borrowing much of its water from Bay Lake, and it is in the middle of no where and therefore extremely difficult for guests to access--that is why it stays closed. It is simply not worth the investment for the several thousand guests that would be able to visit it every day when the far-superior Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach can handle the demand. Major properties need major access roads to shuttle guests in, and most Fort Wilderness guests would not enjoy a highway traveling through the middle of the campground.

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
That would be bad if we got all hyped up and it turned out to be a bathroom!

Anywho, I finally got a lead on what might be going on over there (and if any of you would like to do some investigating, that would be nice). My waiter at Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney was asking me how my time at Disney World had been so far, and I told him great and told him where I had gone. When he came back I asked him if he knew what they were building new over at Typhoon Lagoon. He said (paraphrasing), "Yeah, I heard about that. I think somebody said they are building like a new water slide thing where it looks like an old used car lot that got hit by a typhoon and covered up some of the cars with sand. I think you're supposed to ride down a water slide in a big tire-looking float and bump other people." So I asked him where he had heard all of this from and he told me that he had just heard that from some people.

Okay, now I have something to ask the lifeguards about when I go back. I'm going to ask them when the classic car water slide is going to be finished! Hehehe, I wonder what they'll say!?

But remember... I got this from a waiter, so I don't know how accurate it is.

BL

Captain Chaos

Blue-Lightning said:

Anywho, I finally got a lead on what might be going on over there (and if any of you would like to do some investigating, that would be nice). My waiter at Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney was asking me how my time at Disney World had been so far, and I told him great and told him where I had gone. When he came back I asked him if he knew what they were building new over at Typhoon Lagoon. He said (paraphrasing), "Yeah, I heard about that. I think somebody said they are building like a new water slide thing where it looks like an old used car lot that got hit by a typhoon and covered up some of the cars with sand. I think you're supposed to ride down a water slide in a big tire-looking float and bump other people." So I asked him where he had heard all of this from and he told me that he had just heard that from some people.

Okay, now I have something to ask the lifeguards about when I go back. I'm going to ask them when the classic car water slide is going to be finished! Hehehe, I wonder what they'll say!?

BL

At least it wasn't a WDW bus driver.

ToTBellHop

Rainforest Cafe waiters aren't even Disney employees though. Still, it sounds like a neat idea and I'm glad to see Disney putting money into Typhoon Lagoon after all these years. Blizzard Beach could use some new slides, too...wasn't Downhill Double Dipper the last addition? It's been awhile...let's get one of those new ProSlide Helix slides (derivative of the now-classic toilet bowl slide)...they could theme it as part of a gigantic bathroom for Mr. and Mrs. Claus...

Connor002

Blue-Lightning said:

BL

That's laughable.
This is your "source?"

JCrane

He did state that he was unsure as to how accurate the information was...

Personally, I like a bit of rumour-mongering...gets the old brain ticking away!!

No matter how accurate the source. Remember, there's no smoke without fire...maybe this trashed car lot/water area is the next big thing. Sure sounds cool...

ToTBellHop

JCrane said:
He did state that he was unsure as to how accurate the information was...

Personally, I like a bit of rumour-mongering...gets the old brain ticking away!!

No matter how accurate the source. Remember, there's no smoke without fire...maybe this trashed car lot/water area is the next big thing. Sure sounds cool...
and even if it isn't, they are clearly building something, so we can at least plan on an exciting new bathroom complex...and maybe a talking drinking fountain?

goofyfan13

ISTCNavigator57 said:
and even if it isn't, they are clearly building something, so we can at least plan on an exciting new bathroom complex...and maybe a talking drinking fountain?

What about a big new dippin dots stall? :slurp:
Or another store....

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Obviously I don't know how credible a waiter at a third-party restaraunt is. Still, it gives me something to ask the lifeguards when I go back!

BL

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Blue-Lightning said:
Obviously I don't know how credible a waiter at a third-party restaraunt is. Still, it gives me something to ask the lifeguards when I go back!

BL
Quite honestly the lifeguards won't know much either. General rule of thumb is that the only time front line cast members will know anything is if they happen to overhear something or get a quick glance at a set of plans. For the most part they are only slightly better informed than the general public.

But give it a shot you might get lucky and can tell us all about the new state of the art refrigerated water fountain/bathroom. Make sure you find out when the AP previews will be as well.:lol:

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I guess we'll just have to wait until a press release comes around. I'm gonna be back in TL on May the 20th, so I'll try to grab some photos and post them the week after.

BL

natalia1681

I still think that it is a super secret pathway over to River Country.:lookaroun

I heard this from my mother's sister's neice, who heard it from a bus driver, who heard it from a waiter, who he was driving over to the new 5th gate.:lookaroun

What? Nobody believes me?:lookaroun

You'll all be sorry you didn't believe me when this actually comes true:lookaroun:cry::cry::cry:

JMelrose

My spouse works as management-level in one of the parks. The word "on the street" is that the new slides will be derivitives of the "toilet bowl" style slides, probably emptying into the CnG pool. That pool was apparently built for 3 sets of slides to empty into it, CnG being #1, Toilet Bowl being #2, ? being #3... That whole area around the pool will have new slides built on either side of it, as well as some new bathrooms and food carts also nearby. The footers for those have already been built near the shallow end of the exit pool, near some already-existing buildings. (I think the back of the locker room area?) I can definitely see the spaces where the new slides would empty out into the pool, so it's only a matter of time.

We discussed the plans for the area when we were there together last month. It was my first time on CnG, very cool ride. Typhoon Lagoon will definitely be completely outclassing Blizzard Beach soon if they don't do something there as well, even if BB is the newer waterpark. I personally think TL is the better value for the money already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom