News New security measures

GymLeaderPhil

I went back about twenty pages and didn't see anything so I apologize if this is old news.

The AMC at Disney Springs also has CSC present, but the set up is more like House of Blues where everyone is going through it. Orange County also has two officers stationed inside the lobby at the Dine In. I'm sure they're over at the main theater too.

Across property, since Paris and San Bernardino, Disney has been increasing the amount of Orange County officers in places they've never been before.

I don't think CSC should be a permanent addition, but at the same time I'm not sure if Disney Security is also up to it as well.

twilight mitsuk

Yeah that's a perfect example of the mess they're getting into. We currently have so many double standards in our society. It seems like the groups that are more vocal about their current standing get far more leeway than those that are more established. Disney bounding by definition is not really supposed to be a "costume" it's clothing that evokes a certain character. At what point does it become a costume. Secondly if your going to allow people to wear clothing that's part of their religion or heritage you really shouldn't exclude certain ones like Busch Gardens did in that scenario.

kennywood refers to costumes as halloowen-style attire

Duckberg

Don't kid yourself. You are no safer with these measures than without. unless Disney can filter out crazy people intent on causing harm, these measures are as worthless as the TSA psuedo-security you have to go through in airports.
I assume your referring to the WDW Mayberry Theatrical wooden stick in bag check at the entrance? :cool:

FigmentsFangirl

Have they confirmed the costume ban for adults extends to the Halloween party? I'm hearing mixed answers.
Only info I got was that One could still wear costumes at the halloween parties, but NOT through security, once you're IN the park, find a bathroom, put the costume on, go on with the party kind of thing. However I was also told that "this information is subject ot change without notice, further information is available at all Guest Relations locations in all parks"

Dragonrider1227

Only info I got was that One could still wear costumes at the halloween parties, but NOT through security, once you're IN the park, find a bathroom, put the costume on, go on with the party kind of thing. However I was also told that "this information is subject ot change without notice, further information is available at all Guest Relations locations in all parks"
sounds reasonable actually but we'll see.

PhotoDave219

Well that's been disallowed for years as it is.

FigmentsFangirl

Well that's been disallowed for years as it is.
I've seen the last few vists outside the halloween parties people doing it, most of the costumes quite good and in no way non PG13 or the like. Nor were they distracting other parkgoers at the time.

One thing I now wonder though; how the heck are they gonna handle the marathon weekend ? Or even christmas day ?

twilight mitsuk

like a skating rink where you put skates on the inspection table at the entrance

mm121

Random selection? That is how they're using metal detectors? I thought they would at least just scan all guests with no bags with only a couple metal detectors.

The current setup seems like it's only deter guests from purposefully bringing a gun (but are not necessarily a real threat). Nothing to do with stopping terrorism. I sure hope they have some other sort of measure in place for that type of threat.
scanning all guests without bags along with a sampling of other guests would be good that way all guests would encounter some form of attention from security
They should scan everyone or no one. It's human nature to stare at and discuss something curious going on.

Everybody not selected will be staring at someone taken to the metal detector and wondering what they did wrong. "Mommy, what did that man do?"

My wife, for one, hates being the center of attention in public and would likely burst into tears if she was taken aside for extra screening. If that happens, there's going to be at least one Disney manager who's going to experience a very un-magical day, courtesy of me,

I'm praying this backfires in a huge way for TWDC. Theater, totally theater.
to solve this they could build an actual area for the metal detectors one with some privacy walls on the side so people arent just out in the open like the current temporary tent setup

if they decided to scan everyone theyd definitely have to expand the bag check entrance area by at least double, which also would mean double the staff so not sure i see that happening anytime soon.
I went back about twenty pages and didn't see anything so I apologize if this is old news.

The AMC at Disney Springs also has CSC present, but the set up is more like House of Blues where everyone is going through it. Orange County also has two officers stationed inside the lobby at the Dine In. I'm sure they're over at the main theater too.

Across property, since Paris and San Bernardino, Disney has been increasing the amount of Orange County officers in places they've never been before.

I don't think CSC should be a permanent addition, but at the same time I'm not sure if Disney Security is also up to it as well.
haven't personally encountered metal detectors at a movie theatre yet, but its not necessarily a bad idea. though we can't really metal detector ourselves out of the underlying issues behind the events that have occured, though thats a much bigger issues, so individual venues are doing whats within their power to try to prevent reoccurances in the meantime
Have they confirmed the costume ban for adults extends to the Halloween party? I'm hearing mixed answers.
id hope they wouldnt ban them, though i could see them doing HHN style higher security,

PhotoDave219

Who started the 'Disneybounding' idiocy, Why yes it was DISNEY itself and it's 'Show your Disney Side Campaign'

We brought up these very same issues about costumes when that entire Disney bounding thing started…. My reasons for costumes being disallow have nothing to do with security and all. It has everything to do with the show when nobody is bigger than the show.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We brought up these very same issues about costumes when that entire Disney bounding thing started…. My reasons for costumes being disallow have nothing to do with security and all. It has everything to do with the show when nobody is bigger than the show.

It was a bad idea then and the kids from the photo campaign looked like the kids from the 'Village of the Damned (the B&W one)'

BwanaBob

It's going to be weird going into POTC's gift shop with no toy guns but I feel that was inevitable. Terror threats or not. You can get better (for probably a lot cheaper) online anyway
The bubble guns seem extreme though...

You've never been hit in the eye with one them there bubble gun bubbles, now have you...those things are dangerous! Even worse, walking into a stream of bubbles shot by a cast member lookin to sell his or her bubble guns while you're talking to your buddy... nasty! *shudder*

Those things should be illegal, banned, and anyone caught shooting one should get a minimum sentence of 10 bubbles shot in their face and mouth. They'll think twice about ever doing that again, let me tell you.

I'm ok with the bubble guns being banned...I actually cover the front of my camera walking through the stream of them for fear of one popping on the lens.
This is going to hit parks and resorts in the pocket, so don't think for a minute Disney was happy about this.

The amount those toys brought in, especially the bubble guns.
It's gonna take something pretty hefty to offset those losses; like a price increase in admission.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom