News New security measures

PhotoDave219

Update from AMC-PI.

It looks like an armed camp. So many OCSO, Disney Security and constant K-9 sweeps.

Also metal detectors at the entrances.

Disney isn't playing around.

ninjaprincesst

I guess this means no more Pirates League for teens and adults. I t was kind of neat that there was an experience like that adults and older kids could do, but the no costume policy pretty much ends that.

barkerbird

Update from AMC-PI.

It looks like an armed camp. So many OCSO, Disney Security and constant K-9 sweeps.

Definitely not. You can bet your bottom dollar attendance will drop next year as well, and merchandise sales considering toy gun bans. If bubble guns, pirate guns, Star Wars guns are gone that's a hit. MNSSHP attendance will drop at least 50% too..ouch.

FigmentsFangirl

Update from AMC-PI.

Armed camp, yes, the policemen there are indeed armed to the teeth and beyond; which honestly makes me happy, sometimes i just want to take a picture of the Orange County sherrif deputies and send them a thank you card thanking them for their wonderful vigilence at keeping us safe

flynnibus

Premium Member
So I just heard the blanks from Indy as I'm by GMR. Not too keen on them because they almost sounded likE something else.

We were thinking the same thing today... Lots of them from the shows are heard around the park.

The one thing about Indy staying virtually the same for so long is it actually has a ton of gun violence you don't see elsewhere in the parks anymore.

We hit mk and Epcot tommorow

draybook

If they're ruling out 14+ from costumes during MNSSHP, then they're going to lose our business. My kids are 15 and 14 right now and will be 16 and 15 next September. They enjoy dressing up. I'm not dropping $6k+ on the vacation and $700+ on 3 parties just to walk around in normal gear collecting candy. No thanks.

Thelazer

I give this, about 4 weeks and the metal detection will be long gone. Please don't anyone be fooled for a moment into thinking your any safer there now than you were last week. (I'd argue your now LESS safer to be honest, but lets not have that debate.)

If your a cast member you know, the amount of truck / car and other traffic that comes in/out of the parks 24/7. Along with the many amounts of contractors, workman, 3rd party's and others. If terrorists wanted to go in and do harm, it's not going to be thru the "front gate."

DHoy

There's so many things that look bad about this and so many ways it could be improved. First thing the current set up is not bad show and god awful. Second I think that the check point should be removed from the main entrance. All resort guests be dropped off to MK should be screened before leaving the bus dropoff area. All other guest get screened at the TTC.

FigmentsFangirl

There's so many things that look bad about this and so many ways it could be improved. First thing the current set up is not bad show and god awful. Second I think that the check point should be removed from the main entrance. All resort guests be dropped off to MK should be screened before leaving the bus dropoff area. All other guest get screened at the TTC.
Then all they'd worry about is the bag check at the park entry ?

Tony the Tigger

I give this, about 4 weeks and the metal detection will be long gone. Please don't anyone be fooled for a moment into thinking your any safer there now than you were last week. (I'd argue your now LESS safer to be honest, but lets not have that debate.)

If your a cast member you know, the amount of truck / car and other traffic that comes in/out of the parks 24/7. Along with the many amounts of contractors, workman, 3rd party's and others. If terrorists wanted to go in and do harm, it's not going to be thru the "front gate."

This makes zero sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom