News New security measures

draybook

"Random sampling" is politically correct speak for profiling.

No doubt. I wonder if it's the same "random sampling" that I get every time we fly. You know.....when they choose the darker skinned man with the hair bun while his fair complexioned wife skates on through.....

NearTheEars

Shut The Front Door...

So basically they are going to have a TSA-esque shadow organization running WDW security? For the love of all things Mickey...

I'll be honest - what really irks me is that this has nothing to do with the intention of keeping people safe, but liability. So if/when something does happen, Disney can claim they did everything reasonably possible, even though the way the place is set up, logistically WDW can never truly be locked down in such a fashion to make anything like this actually effective. Yet, Disney also is able to CYA by not being in charge of the third party company.

Well, it seems that Disney's big behind is covered, frontward and backward - which I guess is all that really matters to them.

Why not hire a company that is already experienced in this type of thing instead of rushing the current force through training. That's why companies like that exist.

I see no problem with this solution.

Mad Stitch

"Random sampling" is politically correct speak for profiling.
ShUx0nkOTlo0QNF8rCzoBaMw5SDDyf22FD1lv0PgCy8yF04EPfvXZaJcpraHAwJQeEDUUIXcAt1KfM0IFCR827Vw4CgFKmMHhzQAdzcTPZI0n7O375TnDZjEjMi2zMZ9qpHm_hYp

yellowb

I'm on board with this, but it will be interesting to see how many people actually go through the metal detectors and how random the sampling is. I'd imagine this is just a test phase and if these measures stay put, I'd expect to see many more detectors permanently installed, and not just placed somewhere like the one in the picture is.

As for the costumes, I wonder what this means for MNSSHP...will adults no longer be able to wear costumes then?

Good question, and what is considered a costume?

dgp602

I love the extra security. I just came back from WDW Tuesday and I noticed multiple Orange County Sheriff cars along with WDW Security K-9 units parked at all park entrances. Uniformed police were at all entrances. I cannot recall seeing this before.

I have 2 quick questions as it relates to the new costume and toy gun policy:

1) Will this ban extend to the toy pirate guns sold in the gift shop at the end of PoTC ride? I was there Monday and the toy muskets were still there.

2) during MNSSHP, will this costume ban be eased? And what will constitute a costume? A mask and face paint? Wearing Minnie Mouse shirts and skirts and Minnie ears, which I observed on more than a few adults Monday at MK, are technically a costume.

Thanks!

yepitsandy

I'm fine with this. I have always thought the small little bag check did no good anyway. If you're going to check things, actually check, don't just peer slightly into a bag while shining a flashlight into it.

JourneysEnd

I love the extra security. I just came back from WDW Tuesday and I noticed multiple Orange County Sheriff cars along with WDW Security K-9 units parked at all park entrances. Uniformed police were at all entrances. I cannot recall seeing this before.

I have 2 quick questions as it relates to the new costume and toy gun policy:

1) Will this ban extend to the toy pirate guns sold in the gift shop at the end of PoTC ride? I was there Monday and the toy muskets were still there.

2) during MNSSHP, will this costume ban be eased? And what will constitute a costume? A mask and face paint? Wearing Minnie Mouse shirts and skirts and Minnie ears, which I observed on more than a few adults Monday at MK, are technically a costume.

Thanks!

All the toy guns, including the pirate guns, were removed last night.
I thought there was always a ban on adults in costumes with MNSSHP being an exception.

jklakeview

With the changes to the security policies, I don't understand why no one seems to be talking about the banning of costumes for 14+ because unless I'm misunderstanding it seems like a big issue for MNSSHP. I mean we went to the Halloween party and almost every adult was dressed up. Even my wife and I were pirates with the kids. If you can't wear a costume anymore, does this hurt the Halloween Party? I could see banning masks, but entire costumes? Seems a little extreme.

lostpro9het

So will the pirate swords be the next to go too? Its kind of hard to say the toy swords don't appear to be a weapon any less than the toy guns...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
With the changes to the security policies, I don't understand why no one seems to be talking about the banning of costumes for 14+ because unless I'm misunderstanding it seems like a big issue for MNSSHP. I mean we went to the Halloween party and almost every adult was dressed up. Even my wife and I were pirates with the kids. If you can't wear a costume anymore, does this hurt the Halloween Party? I could see banning masks, but entire costumes? Seems a little extreme.

I have no information on this at all, but I am thinking MNSSHP will be safe and adults will still be allowed to wear costumes as it a hard ticket event. But again, just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom