News New security measures

AEfx

So will this happen or not ? I'm not finding anything on any of their policies

This thread is only a few days old, and several folks from various corners have confirmed it is coming. However, I wouldn't expect any of "their polices" as you will search on the web to be updated until it's actually rolled out.

FigmentsFangirl

This thread is only a few days old, and several folks from various corners have confirmed it is coming. However, I wouldn't expect any of "their polices" as you will search on the web to be updated until it's actually rolled out.
Alright so basically until we see any pictures or the like treat it with a grain of salt ?

I truly dont like this idea, the only time I ever got in with security was over an old pocket knife {a small 2 incher job} that ended up falling apart in the room the same day; I got a buck knife brand pocket knife {about 2 inches long; never leave home without it} and a small {pretty much useless} picket knife that can't even cut a apple to begin with. Plus loads of loose change and my car keys, what are they going to do about those small pocket knives ? I mean I understand turning them in at the guest relations, that's no big deal for me there. I dont carry a purse or anything, so hopefully they're going to go with the Disneyland Paris setup and have a scanner for the bags togo througth

I just can't envision disney using metal detectors like at the airport, its too much of a hassel. I am however happy with how timely and effiecent the security already is; and if they'ree merely beefing it up with a possible testing period of metal detectors, then go for it. no doubt they're draw a huge backlash

AEfx

Alright so basically until we see any pictures or the like treat it with a grain of salt ?

I don't understand the confusion.

Yes, there are big changes coming. This has been confirmed by multiple sources. Enough so that most reasonable posters of this board don't seem to doubt the veracity. As to the fine details, you'll have to wait until Disney announces something, or more info is shared by insiders here.

FigmentsFangirl

I don't understand the confusion.

Yes, there are big changes coming. This has been confirmed by multiple sources. Enough so that most reasonable posters of this board don't seem to doubt the veracity. As to the fine details, you'll have to wait until Disney announces something, or more info is shared by insiders here.
I guess until I see pictures of what is going to be put in place I'll just hold off on taking full crediblity on this to stay sane and not over think things

NowInc

I'll admit that this completely slipped past my radar. I have been asking about it for a few days now with no answer which should have been a clue I guess.

We'll see how this works out. Also curious as to if this will change the late night security checks as well (where they are basically placing guards near a turnstile)

ALSO...adults not being allowed to wear costumes was ALWAYS policy..just rarely enforced. I know that has been under heavy discussion for about a year now about when to crack down on it..I guess this was a good time to implement that.

photomatt

The last time I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain they had everybody go through metal detectors. If Disney wanted to spend the money, they could install a metal detector where each table is and have all guests go through them. They could even theme it and make it look unobtrusive and like it belongs. I doubt they will, though.

Their biggest threat isn't an organized terrorist attack. Their biggest threat is the lone nutcase, just like the one they recently experienced. The current security measures are only for show. Disney is an extremely soft target, and an intelligent, motivated person could do serious damage if they wanted to. I hope that never happens, but it's a fact.

NowInc

Their biggest threat isn't an organized terrorist attack. Their biggest threat is the lone nutcase, just like the one they recently experienced. The current security measures are only for show. Disney is an extremely soft target, and an intelligent, motivated person could do serious damage if they wanted to. I hope that never happens, but it's a fact.

Bingo.

Thus the "selective" use of the metal detectors. If they feel you may be trying to sneak something in, or you are wearing something that makes it hard to see...you'll most likely be directed to the metal detector.

DisneyFans4Life

I'm on board with this, but it will be interesting to see how many people actually go through the metal detectors and how random the sampling is. I'd imagine this is just a test phase and if these measures stay put, I'd expect to see many more detectors permanently installed, and not just placed somewhere like the one in the picture is.

As for the costumes, I wonder what this means for MNSSHP...will adults no longer be able to wear costumes then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom