News New security measures

PhotoDave219

Companies break laws all the time without the regular person knowing it. This could be a training issue or ignorance on the company's side when it comes to these rules.

For example, it is illegal for debit collectors to put their mailing address on the outside of a envelope. This is to keep the debtor from being embarrassed by anyone seeing the letter.

Okay, you clearly want to split hairs while the grownups want to have a real conversation. Enjoy the ignore list.

toeknee

And that's just the legality of the thing. From a PR perspective, anyone who works on that property works for Disney. If something went wrong, you can be darn sure that the Sentinel's headline would say something like "Disabled veteran harassed by employee at Disney World" without quibbling over the technicality of who signs the offender's paycheck.

Not familiar with Florida law, but many governments have implemented "who provided the tools" tests to judge liability in cases where 1 party tries to deny (or defer) responsibility for action taken by a third party. In short, hiring an individual to do your work, with your tools is effectively hiring them as an employee - not as a contractor. Therefore, you are fully responsible for them and cannot legally claim that "its not my fault/not my problem - they work for someone else", even though their check is signed by someone else. The Labor Department has even warned McDonalds that they may be held liable for the actions of their franchisees, if the franchisee breaks labor laws - since McDonalds has the ability to oversee the franchisee's operation.

Not sure who owns the scanners or wands in this case, but regardless I believe Disney would definitely be deemed as having the responsibility of overseeing the actions of CSC on Disney property.

Victor Kelly

Here's a video from two weeks ago.

I see assault and battery several times. So hired thugs more or less. I can say they would have an issue after touching me. Namely broken bones and missing teeth. The I would sue them, Disney, and anyone else I could think of. Find out the Exec team in charge of security is and sue each one personally. The sue each person that laid hand on me. Hit them in the wallet.

DisneyOutsider

I see assault and battery several times. So hired thugs more or less. I can say they would have an issue after touching me. Namely broken bones and missing teeth. The I would sue them, Disney, and anyone else I could think of. Find out the Exec team in charge of security is and sue each one personally. The sue each person that laid hand on me. Hit them in the wallet.

Just don't try to bum-rush through the security gate and I think you can avoid the drama.

Phroobar

Last Friday, I saw a large man that looked possibly Hispanic or Arabic pushing his five year old daughter through the bag check at Disneyland. They asked him to go through the metal detector. I don't think he understood what they wanted. It took three security guys to convince him to go through the detector. He wanted to know why he was being singled out and being embarrassed in front of his daughter. I couldn't hear what security told him.The detector went off and they had to use the metal detector wand on him. It kept going off at his lower bare leg. They let him leave after about five minutes of that. I bet his first stop was City Hall in Disneyland.

Victor Kelly

Just don't try to bum-rush through the security gate and I think you can avoid the drama.

It would seem that they do in fact hire people with a propensity towards physicality. When somebody tells them no and they get physical, we will see $$$$ going out the door. Expect to see it. Non-professionals cannot be trusted.

DisneyOutsider

It would seem that they do in fact hire people with a propensity towards physicality. When somebody tells them no and they get physical, we will see $$$$ going out the door. Expect to see it. Non-professionals cannot be trusted.

To be fair, the job that CSC was required to perform in the video posted is not in any way comparable to the job they are performing at WDW. The personnel in that video are actually expected/required to use a certain level of physical force in that situation. The issue is, as you stated, they are not professionally trained and because of that some of them resorted to a very inappropriate level of force.

Accusations of discrimination? I can def see that happening.

Beatdowns of guests? Let's not sensationalize this.

s8film40

I would say it's more a factor of those type of people find that particular job more attractive.

I get the impression that this is one of those companies though where the number one criteria for hiring someone is "they walked through the door".

s8film40

2nd question to the prospective employee "Do you currently have a pulse"?
Haha, yeah. Just out of curiosity I decided to look up some interview experiences. Pretty much just what I expected.

S4AiAEvl.jpg

MN88ML8l.jpg

Y5MmHa3l.jpg

Last edited:

yepitsandy

I'm all for Disney doing this on property, as I have stated several times in this thread (before it went insane). Security is good.

However, they need to get things ironed out before it backfires on them. Which it sounds like it is close to doing.

AEfx

I think Disney would have been better off hiring officers to handle any and all questioning. The contractors should do nothing other than quietly run the devices... and look alert.

Exactly - if they truly believe someone is doing something wrong, leave it up to law enforcement - not a bunch of (no pun intended) Mickey Mouse cops.

In general, the more I read about what is going on, the more I just want to shout - WHAT are folks so AFRAID of? Has anyone died of a violent act at WDW? Cripes, that's actually surprising that we don't have even some major domestic violence incident in the parks to point to.

The parks are closed systems. Anyone that goes in with the intention of doing something catastrophic isn't coming out of that park. They know it. And as we know, if someone is willing to trade their life for something, there isn't really tinkers darn we can do about it anyway - and pulling out random families for searches and all this garbage just for the privilege of overpaying for admission and going into a theme park for a day is just the height of ridiculous and and a stellar example of misplaced effort.

AEfx

I'm all for Disney doing this on property, as I have stated several times in this thread (before it went insane). Security is good.

Can you tell us exactly what it is about WDW that makes you feel so unsafe as to feel these measures are needed and/or appropriate? What violence you have witnessed or been a victim of? Or is it just general fear of public spaces?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom