New Rumors

ArsonWinter

Original Poster
I'm sick of the standard rumors (i.e. Beastly Kingdom, Fire Mountian, the Weather Pavilion, Matterhorn in World Showcase, Star Tours 2, Great Movie Ride, etc.), so let's make up our own, totally unique rumors, if only to prove to myself and others that there is a little imagination left in the Disney company beyond these attractions.

ArsonWinter

Original Poster
I'll even start: Tron the Ride.

With the DVD release, a supposed new movie, and Tron 2.0 the video game, how could WDI ignore this? Answer: They won't, and they'll make a new dark ride or rollercoaster with the theme.

The premise is simple: you get sucked into a computer, where you have to ride on light cycles, and dodge the deadly discs, and so on. It's going in MGM near the Muppets, and it's going to be built inside, with some cool new lighting, using blacklights, and advanced AA's that will move the story along.

How's THAT for a start, huh?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I've heard that they're going to replace the cave-man in Ice Station Cool with Walt's cryogenically frozen body, but this is all very hush, hush and I could get in trouble if it gets out, so you didn't hear it here.:zipit:

Scar Junior

Originally posted by ArsonWinter
I'll even start: Tron the Ride.

With the DVD release, a supposed new movie, and Tron 2.0 the video game, how could WDI ignore this? Answer: They won't, and they'll make a new dark ride or rollercoaster with the theme.

The premise is simple: you get sucked into a computer, where you have to ride on light cycles, and dodge the deadly discs, and so on. It's going in MGM near the Muppets, and it's going to be built inside, with some cool new lighting, using blacklights, and advanced AA's that will move the story along.

How's THAT for a start, huh?

What I heard is that they're going to change the Wonders of Life Pavillion at Epcot and turn it into the Technology Pavillion. There is going to be many unique things in this pavillion and Tron will be replacing Body Wars.

Replacing Cranium Command is to be replaced by a similar attraction about a young microprocesser in training. He has to control the printer, modem, speakers, etc. - all of whom will be played by minor celebrities.

More to come...

:D :D :D

ArsonWinter

Original Poster
Another one: The show Tarzan Rocks will be replaced with, yes, you guessed it:
Mary Poppin's Funky Town Rock Party!

Okay, maybe I'm overdoing it a little...

rosie.ca

Originally posted by ArsonWinter
Another one: The show Tarzan Rocks will be replaced with, yes, you guessed it:
Mary Poppin's Funky Town Rock Party!

Okay, maybe I'm overdoing it a little...

play that funk music mary ....lay down the boogie
and play that funky music 'till you die

rosie.ca

sleeping beauty's nap zone
it is a dark ride with soothing music it tips you on you back and lasts for 15 min -air conditioned and pillowy soft it doesn't do anything other than go in very slowly in a really big circle

SamatBCV

I've heard that they are going to tear down test track to put in a new ride and that it'll be in development for 5 years and then breakdown every two minutes.... oops that IS test track.

Actually I've heard that with AT&T pulling out of SE, they are going to gut it and link it to Mission:Space. You will Launch through the legs of SE through the top of it and land in M:S which will be rebuilt to look like the surface of Mars.

ArsonWinter

Original Poster
Okay, a more serious one this time:

The Haunted Mansion Theme Hotel
It'd be like the actual mansion, but a hotel, and no Omnimovers or anything. But the wallpaper, dining room, entranceway, elevators, etc. would be similar to the HM.

"We have 999 guests, but there's always room for one more... before noon; that's the cut-off for check-in."

(Yes, this sounds like TOT, but it's not)

rosie.ca

on a reality note i for one would love it if they had a haunted hotel and would pay any price they offered to stay there ...disney should look into it

CThaddeus

Here's a rumor that will never come to pass: Disney will reopen Carousel of Progress, the Timekeeper, the Skyway, and 20000 Leagues Under the Sea and will stop basing their status on park attendance.
And here's a real attraction idea: Disney's Stock Market Mayhem. It, of course, will be a roller coaster. It will start in the 1920's, climb very slowly until the 1950's, then drop steeply from Walt's death through the early 1980's, then a meteoric rise up to the 90's, then a bumpy ride through that decade, culminating in a steep freefall to the year 2002. I'm kidding, of course. I don't think Disney ever lost it, but I couldn't resist.

pnutbutr

Its funny that you should mention the Haunted Mansion Hotel because I actually heard a bunch of years back that something like that was going to be built. Obviously it was just a rumor because no official or unofficial plans were ever made. Damn that would be an awesome idea though...

ArsonWinter

Original Poster
"Hey, mom, can we go see Mickey's Crib?"

"Yeah, but don't call him Mickey, he's M-Mouse now, and if you don't call him that, he'll pop a cap in your..."

"Mom!"

Ahh, yes. Brings a whole new meaning to Tomorrowland's Agrifuture...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
or "Ghetto Hooptie Doo Review"

or.... Spaceship Earth becomes "Paul Bunions Golf Ball Experience"

or.... New county in WS = "War Torn Bosnia Expedition !"

or.... ;)

SpongeScott

Originally posted by rosie.ca
sleeping beauty's nap zone
it is a dark ride with soothing music it tips you on you back and lasts for 15 min -air conditioned and pillowy soft it doesn't do anything other than go in very slowly in a really big circle

Only if we adults can FastPass it and it's guaranteed to break down every time you are on it for at least an additional 30 minutes.....:snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore:

This is already my new favorite Disney ride.

ArsonWinter

Original Poster
DL's old attraction, House of the Future comes back, but this time, it'll be made out of styrofoam! (And bricks... and wood... and plastic... and plaster.... and...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom