New Rumor

The Empress Lilly

Mount Fuji! :eek:

Oh, please...oh please..

I would love for Disney to finally finish those half-finished Showase pavilions. Germany, Japan, the UK...

Mount Fuji seems credible. The Animal Kingdom attendance numbers tell the accountaneers just what a mountain can do for a park. And I can see Japan, or a Japanese consortium, investing heavily into promoting Japan in America.

Here's hoping!:sohappy:

maelstrom

I'd love to see Mt. Fuji finally appear in Epcot; even better if it can make use of the Meet the World building. I wonder who the sponsor would be, though, since they can't use Fujifilm. I'd like to see the Switzerland pavilion and Matterhorn as well, but Mt. Fuji interests me more.

Tokyo's MTW is still open? Tokyo's Tomorrowland always reminds me of WDW's Tomorrowland in the 1970s (and therefore: I love it).

Pete C

possibly JTTCOTE? it would be a cool idea to break up the rollercoaster theme of EE. and they havent used the technology since CTE but hey we could wait for IJ in DHS

JTTCOTE (Journey to the Center of the Earth for those wondering) uses second gen Test Track technology, not EMV like Indiana Jones and Dinosaur. I do agree that a ride based on this tech would be great after going on Journey, but two rides with the same tech in the same park would seem unlikely.

Lee

Adventurer
Yes, the rear area of Japan is once again being looked at.
No, there is no greenlit attraction at this point, nor a set idea of when it could happen.
And no, from what very little I have heard about the idea, it is not exactly the same as any of the previous concepts.

Give it some time. More will be known in the coming months.

askmike1

Just curious, but why would a Japanese property development and financial services firm sponsor a pavilion in a country where they sell no product? :confused:

OLC isn't selling dishwashers or soda pop, they sell homes and property to build industrial/shipping complexes on near Tokyo. They also manage convenience stores, bus lines and taxis, real estate agencies, and other sundry infrastructure services. They would have no need to sponsor something in a country where none of their customers live, and those that do live there have no ability to buy what they sell.
HELLO!!!!!!!! Ever heard of a place called Tokyo Disneyland? ;)

Not that I'm supporting a Mt Fuji rumor. Because to be honest, all this thread is going to do is get people disappointed when Disney doesn't build it.

aladdin2007

Here is something no one has brought up. The recently expanded and redesigned department store in Japan now stretches back into that building with an entrance and everything back there. Would they already change this and tear it out in that portion? I cant see them doing that already after just opening it a year or so ago.:veryconfu

jedimaster1227

Here is something no one has brought up. The recently expanded and redesigned department store in Japan now stretches back into that building with an entrance and everything back there. Would they already change this and tear it out in that portion? I cant see them doing that already after just opening it a year or so ago.:veryconfu

The store's footprint is not a major issue. Nor is the expanded Teppan Edo restaurant. The new attraction space is essentially towards the back-left of the pavilion, feeding through (basically with an entrance in) the current Tin Toy Story attraction. They have been looking for something to fill the Meet the World attraction shell for quite some time. Along with that building, there is space behind the pavilion for development. While this won't be an Everest scale project (and as Lee said, nothing is definite), it won't be a 30 second attraction either.

sparky03

Although Fuji sounds okay, I'm not sure how I feel about yet ANOTHER mountain coming to the world. It's like when all else fails, they build a mountain and put a thrill ride in it. Enough with the mountains already.

I'd love to see an Asian themed resort. Or another country added to WS. Or a total revamping of both WL and JIYI.

RSoxNo1

Well weren't their rumors a while ago about a new ride system being worked on with an eye towards a World Showcase debut. Could this be related?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom