New Rumor

phichi17

Well, first off.. why would i think the Contemporary DVC is a new rumor?

But yes, someone said they're looking at large objects behind japan again.

And mind you, look at that concept art. It's installed overtop of the meet the world building. It will fit in the plot of land - it will just look like it wont.
Ah, thank you.....a large object with a ride inside?

TTA-ATW

I have a poem too

Lost, no idea.
Merf is the Rumor Master!
Give us the answer.

Or

Where will mickey spend the dough?
A resort, a pavillion or a new show?
A monorail to connect the parks,
or a classic ride that runs in dark?
A resturaunt, a bench or a shopping mart?
Oh please oh please let it be a churro cart.
Japan? Austrailia? we sit and wait
Merf how i hope that its a 5th gate

This is Fun! LOL

phichi17

japan.jpg

This is the back of Japan, looks like plenty of room...

minnie61650

Two questions?

Are they going to build a Meet the World attraction like the one desciped in the following link?:

Are they closing CoP and moving it to Epcot to house the Meet the World attraction?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meet_the_World

Meet the World was an attraction at Tokyo Disneyland, in Tomorrowland. It was a Carousel of Progress-type of ride that explored the history of Japan. It opened with the park on April 15, 1983, and closed on June 30, 2002. Meet The World was a 19-minute stage show with a combination of film and audio-animatronics and a song by the Sherman Brothers by the same name as the exhibition. When Tokyo Disneyland still used ride tickets it was one of the few free attractions in the park. During its 19-year run, it was sponsored by Panasonic and Japan Airlines at various times.

Meet The World was a 19-minute chronicle of Japan's history and relations with other countries. Park guides and maps, said "explore Japan's heritage in an incredible time-travel adventure!" The show was presented in a rotating theater, similar to the Carousel of Progress at Walt Disney World and previously at Disneyland. However, they were designed in the opposite way. In Tokyo, the audiences sat in the rotating inside with the stages built around them, whereas, in the Carousel of Progress the audience sits in the rotating outside with the stages being the center of the building. Meet the World's layout meant less audience capacity but a larger stage area, while Carousel of Progress's format has more capacity but smaller stages. In Summer 2006, the show building was demolished to make way for a new attraction.

The show itself

The show featured an animated crane explaining Japanese history to young children, a boy and girl from Yokohama. The show featured dialogue between a number of audio-animatronic figures and a movie screen in the background. They explore ancient Japan, Feudal Japan, a closed Japan, and Modern Japan over the course of 20 minutes. It was one of the few attractions in the park that deals with Japan. The other was a film, Eternal Seas, found in the future Magic-Eye Theater. The Oriental Land Company, the owners of the park, specifically wanted the park to focus on the American way of life and American parks of Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

This attraction was planned to be part of the Japan section of World Showcase at Epcot in Orlando, Florida. Planners went so far to build the building shell, which was never used. Concept work and models were featured in the 1982 book, "Walt Disney's EPCOT Center" along with the proposed Africa Pavilion.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
No and no.

Meet the World is outdated, it would be looking at being torn down or massively rennovated right now if it had been built as planned. They did build one at TDL and it is looking at such a fate.

The building exists for Meet the World. Look at the pic, that large block behind the main part of Japan is Meet the World. It's used as a wharehouse.

Now, scroll back to the other page and look at the Fuji concept art. It's built OVER the Meet the World building, using the big archway in the back of Japan as the entrance and the empty space in Meet the World for parts of the ride.

Magicfinder

A hint, in a poem:

Lost, dust covered Mound
Reborn on skyline of World
High rising - but when?

:)

I think Lost refers to the amount of money customers are going to lose on the new 2008 dining plan.

I think High rising refers to Disney's planned profits from the changes to the 2008 dining plan.

bennyw01

looks like there already assessing something behind there on that plot anyway, by the movement of the mud it doesnt look like any storage rather that previous surveying, looks like there is even some equipment already there.:shrug: im not jumping any guns saying they have already started building, but from the picture hopefully this rumour can be backed up by the scaring of backstage areas.:) i would be happier if they put the money into whats left abandoned at epcot. sure it will bring the crowds, but you dont want what happened to DHS, even with the refubishment of SE theres plenty of dust lying around. if only temp WOL needs to worked on, they can showcase developments in the world, much like they did previously to before they opened DLRP or even turn it into the desired past attractions museum! that would be great! and they need work into Imagination pavilion attendance figuires are at record lows. :(

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
See:

Why-For-1013-M-web.jpg

That block sticking out behind the rear towers in Japan and then going into Fuji (see the rectangular shape?) is the Meet the World building.

Keyda

I think Lost refers to the amount of money customers are going to lose on the new 2008 dining plan.

I think High rising refers to Disney's planned profits from the changes to the 2008 dining plan.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:Stupid DDP isn't worth it anymore.

GrumpyFan

The question is, are they really considering Mt Fuji, or something alogether different? I'm wondering if there are there other attractions that have been built in the last 10 years at other parks around the world that might fit into Japan?

bennyw01

merfs already said mt fiji. its whats hes getting at. but no greenlights atm, so dont get to excited. wait till official announcements, even though i trust possibly one of the most reputable characters on this board.

primetime52

Apparently, we are all very excited about WHATEVER it is because there are 82 people viewing this thread right now!!! :lol:

"Whatever it is?"
Don't Merf's most recent comments confirm that he was talking about Mt Fuji? Or was he still just playing with our heads...? I'm definitely excited!

bennyw01

The question is, are they really considering Mt Fuji, or something alogether different? I'm wondering if there are there other attractions that have been built in the last 10 years at other parks around the world that might fit into Japan?[/quote]

possibly JTTCOTE? it would be a cool idea to break up the rollercoaster theme of EE. and they havent used the technology since CTE but hey we could wait for IJ in DHS

WDWFREAK53

The question is, are they really considering Mt Fuji, or something alogether different? I'm wondering if there are there other attractions that have been built in the last 10 years at other parks around the world that might fit into Japan?[/quote]

possibly JTTCOTE? it would be a cool idea to break up the rollercoaster theme of EE. and they havent used the technology since CTE but hey we could wait for IJ in DHS

Why not have it be a water attraction using "lava" instead of water? Fuji could be erupting on your journey and you could end up flowing through the volcano on a stream of lava.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom