New Rumor Says Further Demolitions Cancelled & Clubs Could Reopen!

Did Knee

I always remember the gang of teens/20 somethings that started a fight in Tomorrowland a few years back...no club involved there...or the F&G festival vendor that inspired WDW Magic's longest running thread...no club there either. You don't need masses of alcohol to be a moron...some folks just do it naturally

juniorthomas

truer words have never been spoken. example a: south street, example b: olde city.

The whole idea of PI never made much sense to me anyway Sure younger people do go to Disney, but they could just go off property and hit up Orlando if they really just wanted to club it up. PI, to me, was a cheap cash grab that seemed the opposite of what Walt intended when he first cooked up the Florida Project (or Disneyland)

"EPCOT... will take its cue from the new ideas and new technologies that are now emerging from the creative centers of American industry. It will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed, but will always be introducing and testing and demonstrating new materials and systems. And EPCOT will always be a showcase to the world for the ingenuity and imagination of American free enterprise. [Also, we'll have a club for youngsters to better experience foam parties and inebriation]"

lebeau

Original Poster
The whole idea of PI never made much sense to me anyway Sure younger people do go to Disney, but they could just go off property and hit up Orlando if they really just wanted to club it up.

You just explained the whole idea of why PI made sense.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The whole idea of PI never made much sense to me anyway Sure younger people do go to Disney, but they could just go off property and hit up Orlando if they really just wanted to club it up. PI, to me, was a cheap cash grab that seemed the opposite of what Walt intended when he first cooked up the Florida Project (or Disneyland)

"EPCOT... will take its cue from the new ideas and new technologies that are now emerging from the creative centers of American industry. It will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed, but will always be introducing and testing and demonstrating new materials and systems. And EPCOT will always be a showcase to the world for the ingenuity and imagination of American free enterprise. [Also, we'll have a club for youngsters to better experience foam parties and inebriation]"

The guy snuffed it years ago and society, tastes and expectations change. Or are you implying that despite the evidence about adapting and change really Disney was just into creating mausoleums?

Did Knee

Maybe I missed something here. Are we assuming that the clubs primarily attracted a young crowd? I'm not sure what the measured demographic actually was. My DW and I are a childless couple pushing 50 years old. Every vacation we would split a night between the Jazz club and the Adventurer's club. We were definitely not the only one in our demographic there by far.

Master Gracey

I know I've stated this in other threads, but I will do so again here. In Walt's original proposal to Florida for his "Florida Project", EPCOT (still being an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow) he had plotted nightlife and nightclub areas because as he knew "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway".

Start around 8:30.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxC_a7qnGi8&feature=related

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I know I've stated this in other threads, but I will do so again here. In Walt's original proposal to Florida for his "Florida Project", EPCOT (still being an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow) he had plotted nightlife and nightclub areas because as he knew "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway".

KUNGALOOSH!​

< gay fingers>O SNAP in a Z formation< /gay fingers>

Above posters are also correct. I'm sorry but 8-trax was anything but young people. It was always a mix and even MDP, for its music format, had a diverse crowd. AC and CW certainly were diverse. The only clubs I would say were significantly on the younger side were Motion and BET, neither of which have people crying over them.

edit: as an LGBT person I feel qualified to do gay fingers. If I offended anyone, get a sense of humor =P

mickey2008.1

Im forty, and loved th AC and the comedy club. It just gave us adults something to do other than sit at the resort bar and be bored. It had a life to it. At least for us, who were not young punks. To be able to walk the streets with a beer, and enjoy all that was offered at the more entertainment venues, and not just dance clubs. I really do hope they bring some entertainment back to the area thats not just about drinking, but a night of enjoyment for civil adults.

juniorthomas

KUNGALOOSH!​

To be honest, I didn't know that part of his plan for EPCOT. So way to bring that to my attention. WD certainly had a mind for this sort of thing, didn't he?

And despite his idea that they should include nightlife attractions like clubs in EPCOT, when it was finally built they weren't included, right? So someone made the decision to exclude them before Eisner/Wells decided to build them at DTD/PI.

I just don't think they're necessary, but that's just me.

Master Gracey

To be honest, I didn't know that part of his plan for EPCOT. So way to bring that to my attention. WD certainly had a mind for this sort of thing, didn't he?

And despite his idea that they should include nightlife attractions like clubs in EPCOT, when it was finally built they weren't included, right? So someone made the decision to exclude them before Eisner/Wells decided to build them at DTD/PI.

I just don't think they're necessary, but that's just me.

This wasn't EPCOT that we have come to know as a theme park. This was Walt's idea of a living working community. I'm certain that nightclubs were not on the board for the park. However Eisner built Pleasure Island it was in direct response to guests leaving property at night to go clubbing at Church Street Station in Downtown Orlando. Now, without Pleasure Island, someone sataying on Walt Disney World property, once again has to rely on Downtown Orlando or Universal's City Walk making the reopening of Pleasure Island absolutly necessary.

KUNGALOOSH!​

juniorthomas

This wasn't EPCOT that we have come to know as a theme park. This was Walt's idea of a living working community. I'm certain that nightclubs were not on the board for the park. However Eisner built Pleasure Island it was in direct response to guests leaving property at night to go clubbing at Church Street Station in Downtown Orlando. Now, without Pleasure Island, someone sataying on Walt Disney World property, once again has to rely on Downtown Orlando or Universal's City Walk making the reopening of Pleasure Island absolutly necessary.

KUNGALOOSH!​

I guess I just feel that when I go to Disney, I'm going there for the parks and not for bars. Other people may go to WDW for that experience though - I'm just not in that demo.

devoy1701

I guess I just feel that when I go to Disney, I'm going there for the parks and not for bars. Other people may go to WDW for that experience though - I'm just not in that demo.

for many, the themed bars and nightlife was just another part of the whole "Disney Experience". Just like the fine dining or dinner shows or golfing and renting the motorboats. While the parks are obviously the main draw. Walt Disney World truly had something for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom