New rope drop process at MK

wogwog

Original Poster
Yet again - I am confused. I thought FP+ was to eliminate the need to rush to an attraction???? But I will say this - I am not interested in the mad dash and as long as all those people run to see Frozen it will be lower lines on everything else.
Although I might be in the MK 3 or 4 times a year in a said to be slow time I have not used a FP in 5 or more years. So do your own math. Right now 1:30 local in FL Frozen 180, Cindy 60, Belle 60, Jungle 60, BTM 30 Splash 90, Space Down, Pooh Down, MM 45.

Kman101

Glad they're being picky with the face characters of Anna and Elsa, but at the same time, that does seem like it's eventually going to set them up for some trouble. Although when I see certain face characters that just DON'T fit, it's a bit jarring, so while I appreciate they're being picky ... it's clear they gotta do what they gotta do with these ones if the waits are that insane (I don't get it, but to each their own). I mean, when I watched the parade, people freaked about seeing Anna and Elsa. Grown women. I'm not their demographic in the slightest, so of course I don't get the appeal, but it's nuts how popular they are. It really is. I mean, of course it will eventually die down, but this has to be completely unexpected.

kma71677

I will miss the mad dash into the park- How else can I be first in line for my turket leg and Dole Whip? ;)

Maybe they should just supply the CM's lining Main Street with goofy's shoes and let them trip up the front runners. That aughta slow 'em down a tad!

Seriously though, I feel bad for the CM's that are these characters. You know they are hating their jobs right about now. How many Anna's and Elsa's do they have? Surely it can't be just the two of them.

Last edited:

Tonka's Skipper

About 4 years ago we were at Epcot RD awaiting to dash over to Soaring. There was a good sized group waiting there in general.

About 10 minutes before RD, 4 or 5 Soaring CM's came over and let us all know that they would be *WALKING* us all over to Soaring so no one gets hurt in the race.

It was a great idea and worked well.

Of course, two youngsters started to run ahead and one Gal CM loudly yelled *STOP* and to the youngsters credit they did stop. At this point the gal CM takes out this *BIG* (about a foot long silver key) and waves in in the air..........................announcing........... ...*running ahead is not going to do you any good.........*I*....... have the key!
lmao.gif
lmao.gif
lmao.gif

Well everyone broke out Laughlin......even the 2 racers came back to the group.
cool1.gif

It was a great way to handle the crowd

AKK

Cesar R M

About 4 years ago we were at Epcot RD awaiting to dash over to Soaring. There was a good sized group waiting there in general.

About 10 minutes before RD, 4 or 5 Soaring CM's came over and let us all know that they would be *WALKING* us all over to Soaring so no one gets hurt in the race.

It was a great idea and worked well.

Of course, two youngsters started to run ahead and one Gal CM loudly yelled *STOP* and to the youngsters credit they did stop. At this point the gal CM takes out this *BIG* (about a foot long silver key) and waves in in the air..........................announcing........... ...*running ahead is not going to do you any good.........*I*....... have the key!
lmao.gif
lmao.gif
lmao.gif

Well everyone broke out Laughlin......even the 2 racers came back to the group.
cool1.gif

It was a great way to handle the crowd

AKK
now thats a way to put rushers in place!

disney4life2008

Although I might be in the MK 3 or 4 times a year in a said to be slow time I have not used a FP in 5 or more years. So do your own math. Right now 1:30 local in FL Frozen 180, Cindy 60, Belle 60, Jungle 60, BTM 30 Splash 90, Space Down, Pooh Down, MM 45.

I refuse to stand in line for anything more than 30 minutes. Not to get into another FP debate - but: I went to the MK 4th of July 2013 and was able to do the entire time twice then ride Space Mountain, BTMR, and Splash Mountain more times than I can count. This was accomplished through early arrival, working against the crowds, and above all getting paper FP. I understand that now you can get more FP+ after your 3 are used - but lets be real - a second FP+ for Space Mountain on 4th of July will likely be impossible. Everyone seems to be reporting positive results and praise for disney - but for someone like me who hates lines - these numbers are impossible

Gillyrose

We were there a couple weeks ago and watched the crowd come in from the castle. We had an 8am breakfast at Crystal Palace so we got in early. I really wish we got the picture of the crowd walking down main street as it was a sight to see- a little scary looking really.

Also, when we were in line to get in early for our breakfast they never bothered to check and verify we had a reservation! Every other park did. Think how many people could have sneaked in to try to get to Anna/Elsa sooner b/c they weren't checking. I was surprised.

DisneyRoy

I refuse to stand in line for anything more than 30 minutes. Not to get into another FP debate - but: I went to the MK 4th of July 2013 and was able to do the entire time twice then ride Space Mountain, BTMR, and Splash Mountain more times than I can count. This was accomplished through early arrival, working against the crowds, and above all getting paper FP. I understand that now you can get more FP+ after your 3 are used - but lets be real - a second FP+ for Space Mountain on 4th of July will likely be impossible. Everyone seems to be reporting positive results and praise for disney - but for someone like me who hates lines - these numbers are impossible
A second FP+ for Space Mountain is always impossible. As it is a major attraction, they limit your FP+ on that ride (among several others) to one a day no matter when you go.

Breakinghbts

A second FP+ for Space Mountain is always impossible. As it is a major attraction, they limit your FP+ on that ride (among several others) to one a day no matter when you go.

I don't mean to offend or anything, but thats just not true. I was there about 2 weeks ago now, and at least once we were able to get 3 FPs for SpaceMTN (Another day, we managed a 2nd, could've went for a 3rd, but we PHed). Once you use all of your first three, you are welcome to select whatever rides are left. Including SpaceMTN. Maybe it was a slow day, when I was there. But your post made it seem impossible no matter when you go. And I am living proof, thats just not the case.

Don't mean to be argumentative, but I just wanted to stop the spread of mis-information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom