Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

999th Happy Haunt

If you showed people these two pictures and asked which one fits better in Animal Kingdom, I guarantee 95% of people would pick Pandora
ECC531ED-9974-449A-9811-5849A925F7ED.jpeg
18767CA1-870D-4E35-A5F6-3132BEDC7FF2.jpeg

starri42

Not even remotely close. Pandora as the land hardly focuses on colonialism, and when it does, it is overrun by nature. The park’s theme is not animals, it’s about man’s relationship with nature. Animals representing humans in cities/racism < Pandora‘s human to environment connection any day.
But Avatar isn't Pandora either. They didn't use the actual story from the movie for Pandora, they found an angle within the story to tie in with the conservation theme. It might be more difficult for Zootopia (again, neither pro- or anti-Zootopia), but not impossible.

And honestly, in a vacuum, if the theme of Animal Kingdom is "Man's Relationship With Nature," does Dino-Land (or Beastly Kingdom, for that matter) fit that much better?

DisneyDebRob

I think we all realize that Disney anymore will put whatever wherever if they want. Gone are the days of “good” fits and such. One look at Epcot and you know things have been changing for a very long time when it comes to keeping it in line with the area or park. I’m not complaining, except when it comes to Epcot but I think we all know if they wanted to move the CoP into the middle of the safari, there would be some kind of story on how it fits.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom