Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Whether one thinks its a good idea for Zootopia to be in DAK or a bad idea, those thoughts have a proper home for it in this thread...

This thread is about something that may come to DAK and if it is Zootopia, how likely. Not whether Zootopia fits... the other thread is for that.

Jus' trying to forestall another debate about that taking over another thread...

That being said, the other thread got started because That Other Site said Zootopia's coming to DAK.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Whether one thinks its a good idea for Zootopia to be in DAK or a bad idea, those thoughts have a proper home for it in this thread...

This thread is about something that may come to DAK and if it is Zootopia, how likely. Not whether Zootopia fits... the other thread is for that.

Jus' trying to forestall another debate about that taking over another thread...

That being said, the other thread got started because That Other Site said Zootopia's coming to DAK.

Can confirm this. Based on clickbaits reporting the timeline is before the seas are demolished but after the land is torn down.

HoldenC

Thank you for this. I get so sick of the same posters ruining DAK park discussions with their asinine wishes.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
There’s proposals for something next year and something in a few years. Since next year hasn’t begun yet, this could have dropped down the calendar. Or been combined with the few years away project. Or scrapped.

Nothing definite (yet) but there are marks on the wall planner. And money earmarked.
Zootopia land confirmed 🐰🦊 😉

No Name

I personally believe it’ll be received as a solid addition to the park, barring the purists.

When I think of purists, I think of people who accept nothing less than original IP-free attractions in the original spirit of the park. Personally I won’t cry over animated or fictional characters in the park so long as, in the end, it’s done rather fittingly. Pandora would be a good example, in my opinion.

Do you think it would/will be more controversial among fans than Pandora? Do you personally think it will be more appropriate for the park than Pandora?

How much do we honestly think they’ll announce for WDW, at an event in CA, though?

I mean that’s a good point. They definitely wouldn’t announce four major attractions, a transportation system, restaurant, theater, etc. for a resort thousands of miles away. They’ll probably just announce Pixar overlays.

Walrus from Paris

Original Poster
When I think of purists, I think of people who accept nothing less than original IP-free attractions in the original spirit of the park. Personally I won’t cry over animated or fictional characters in the park so long as, in the end, it’s done rather fittingly. Pandora would be a good example, in my opinion.

Do you think it would/will be more controversial among fans than Pandora? Do you personally think it will be more appropriate for the park than Pandora?

I mean that’s a good point. They definitely wouldn’t announce four major attractions, a transportation system, restaurant, theater, etc. for a resort thousands of miles away. They’ll probably just announce Pixar overlays.
I think it’s fair to say that. Pandora really did fit...which is something some people can’t get on board with still.

It however, no matter the perspective, won’t be as criminal as Infinite Universe will.

999th Happy Haunt

It wouldn’t surprise me.

Animaniac93-98

Pandora really did fit...which is something some people can’t get on board with still.

Perhaps because it never did?

Avatar is about colonialism. It's about a foreign power invading another culture and abusing their people and resources. It's something AK touches on, but it's not directly related to humans' relationship to animals or even environmentalism because that's not the story's focus. Maybe if the Navi themselves were responsible for the destruction of their homeland there'd be more substance to that, but humans fighting Native Americans humanoid Aliens is not. Even if the land did ironically replace a show with Pocahontas.

Nobody questions why Pirates are in Adventureland or why Space Mountain is in Tomorrowland. I don't have to explain why the safari ride is in Animal Kingdom, or the bug show, or the animal hospital. If you have to explain it, it's not a strong fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom