Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

jt04

Is that true? I swear that there are several more missing/abandoned effects than just the fire. The entire deforestation scene is nearly void of any effects at this point, and you can barely even hear the chainsaws in the queue anymore.

This is a feature and not a bug.

UNCgolf

Is that true? I swear that there are several more missing/abandoned effects than just the fire. The entire deforestation scene is nearly void of any effects at this point, and you can barely even hear the chainsaws in the queue anymore.

That's exactly what I thought, but since it had been several years between rides I thought maybe I just made it up.

ObscurityPoint

Disney needs to focus on scrapping Chester and Hester’s area when it comes to AK. They could literally transform that whole section into a prehistoric world of dinosaurs- think a civilization where people live alongside dinos. Something similar to Pandora. They could even keep Dinosaur but scrap the references to the movie and restore it to CTX.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
What's the guest satisfaction over/under on this thing? I'm not a big fan of rapid rides but this one is by far one of the worst, IMO. Not that my opinion has any bearing on overall guest satisfaction but I'm certainly one of those guests that don't find it all that satisfying; especially compared to a superior version at DCA and far superior version at Uni.

If memory serves I think I remember reading a quote where Disney even admitted that Kali is fairly tame. (Although I can't find the exact quote) Who wants a tame rapids ride? Should be called "Kali River Tepids"

Last edited:

BlakeW39

Would thy be able to simulate a desert in a place that gets daily thunderstorms?

They could certainly simulate the outback. It would take a lot of rockwork and sand, and there would of course be some vegetation.

Now I prefer an American land almost antithetical to Tomorrowland with instead of western towns, Native villages (that way maybe we can have some prehistoric megafauna) but if we did have Australia; they'd have to incorporate sea life. The problem with that being they already have the seas, and I don't honestly see them movinv it or creating something similar from scratch. But I would love to be proven wrong

After doing the Jungle Cruise in Tokyo, I wanted Kali Rapids to include a temple segment just like JC there. With the projection effects. That would really elevate the ride to new heights!

Kali is an underwhelming ride for sure. We need something more compelling on the ride - scenes, and a longer duration, with possibly more thrills.

ImperfectPixie

They could certainly simulate the outback. It would take a lot of rockwork and sand, and there would of course be some vegetation.

Now I prefer an American land almost antithetical to Tomorrowland with instead of western towns, Native villages (that way maybe we can have some prehistoric megafauna) but if we did have Australia; they'd have to incorporate sea life. The problem with that being they already have the seas, and I don't honestly see them movinv it or creating something similar from scratch. But I would love to be proven wrong

Kali is an underwhelming ride for sure. We need something more compelling on the ride - scenes, and a longer duration, with possibly more thrills.
More opportunities to get wet, too.

WDW Guru

It really is disappointing since it's one of the most beautiful rides on property. The ride would be greatly improved if they brought back the effects and added a few more features in the logging scene. Right now the whole area feels empty and lifeless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom