New Quick Service McDonalds location at Magic Kingdom

DisneyJill

parker kim said:
were is the 7 dwarf mine at is it near snow white's scary adventure?and is it a retail shop?

It is to the left of Snow White, before Pooh. Yes, it is a retail shop. It's an outdoor stand (sort of)...so somewhere between a stand and shop, IMO.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Rosso11 said:
Stands East was the best place to work at. Are they going to incorporate Lumier's next door?

It is actually in the former Lumier's location.

Bravesfn1

Laura22 said:
Why would ANYONE get hot dogs there if they could just eat at Casey's???!

I agree the hot dogs at Casey's have to be better than the ones here. Since when did McDonald's start making hot dogs? Or are just the fries from McDonald's? This is a terrible plan in my opinion, I wish they would have served something else besides hot dogs and fries!

Magic Maker

Guests do not want to have to walk back to Main St.

To us we know it is close and no big deal to walk, to them it is a far walk because they associate Casey's with the entrance to the park.

I am happy, it's one less unused space. It will be right next to Mrs. Pott's Cupboard. Finally those empty lanes and boarded up wall will be used again.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think its a good move, I dont like seeing locations sitting empty. MK seriously needs more food locations, and it also needs food locations that stay open until closing.

DisneyBunny

Laura22 said:

I guess the same reason why you would eat in Pecos Bill's when you can get the same burger at Cosmic Ray's. Personal Preference and not wanting to walk, I guess.

Either way, I'll probably not be frequenting the new place.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
DisneyBunny said:
I guess the same reason why you would eat in Pecos Bill's when you can get the same burger at Cosmic Ray's. Personal Preference and not wanting to walk, I guess.

Either way, I'll probably not be frequenting the new place.

Maybe because some people prefer Pecos Bill's to Cosmic Ray's. :lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Now McDonalds are onboard how about the sponsoring Wonders of Life...

I doubt it.

Ever since they opened a drive through near the All Stars it was only a matter of time before they got into the parks - this is their first time selling food in the gates isn`t it? I just hope that`s as far as it goes. Call me weird, but WDW foods burgers have a taste all of their own - a WDW taste.

I won`t mention it`s name, but a wannabe themed park not too far form where I live in the UK franchised out it`s park food ops to McD and KFC a few years ago. Painful.

PBarton

Bravesfn1 said:
Since when did McDonald's start making hot dogs? Or are just the fries from McDonald's? This is a terrible plan in my opinion, I wish they would have served something else besides hot dogs and fries!
McDonald's used to serve hot dogs here in the U.K.! Nothing special, and it was for a limited time only.

Casey's hot dogs rule! :slurp:

Will be eating them in just over a weeks time :sohappy:

SpongeScott

Laura22 said:
Fantasyland full of kids, a place offering hot dogs and french fries? Sounds like a money-making no brainer to me. That place will be packed.

wdhatter

By far this is not the first time that McDonald's will be selling their food inside the parks. At the Magic Kingdom, they have had a fry cart in Frontierland for many years. It is right next to where the parade enters and exits the park. At Animal Kingdom, Restaurantasaurus has sold several McDonald's items since that park opened in 1998. In Epcot, I believe one of the little stands between Future World and Canada has sold fries for a while. I can't remember where the fry stand in the Studios is located. Over on the west coast at California Adventure, there is a restaurant in Paradise Pier (can't remember the name) that has sold lots of McDonald's items since that park opened.

Adding this new location in Fantasyland is nothing new to the parks.

Pioneer Hall

I think it is a good idea. That location has sat empty long enough and it will be an area where you can get something quick and walk around with it. No need to sit and eat or anything along those lines. Might also help relieve the crowds a little at the few other places to eat in the MK.

mickey04

marni1971 said:
Now McDonalds are onboard how about the sponsoring Wonders of Life...

I doubt it.

Ever since they opened a drive through near the All Stars it was only a matter of time before they got into the parks - this is their first time selling food in the gates isn`t it? I just hope that`s as far as it goes. Call me weird, but WDW foods burgers have a taste all of their own - a WDW taste.

I won`t mention it`s name, but a wannabe themed park not too far form where I live in the UK franchised out it`s park food ops to McD and KFC a few years ago. Painful.

McDonalds has been in the parks for quite sometime now, they have locations that sell at least fries in every one of them. They also of course sponsor DinoLand.

Overall, I agree that it's a good move. MK can use whatever it can get, and if you don't like McDonalds, just don't go there.

hokielutz

I'm just hoping I don't see golden arches showing up anywhere else within the parks. Yes I know that Epcot has corporate sponsors for the main attractions, but they aren't selling their products in the parks. The McD's near the resorts and at DTD are enough.
I go to WDW to remove myself from the regular world, and I'd hate to see Disney sub-out their operations to other companies such as fast food joints.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom