New premium spaces at the water parks - $250 a pop

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
The price is a bit high, but for a large family it might be a good deal. Renting enough towels and lockers for 6 people can get pretty expensive. Having a guaranteed place to put your things, getting unlimited drinks, and an attendant might not be so bad. I'll never be able to drop that much cash, but it is a nice perk for those who can afford it I guess. :shrug:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
HOLY COW. I just dont think i could get on board with this.... I know there are families that might benefit from this, but seriously, I would have to work to spend $250 a day at a water park.

To each his own. If you got that cash to blow, so be it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
HOLY COW. I just dont think i could get on board with this.... I know there are families that might benefit from this, but seriously, I would have to work to spend $250 a day at a water park.

To each his own. If you got that cash to blow, so be it.
It is a bit on the spendy side but I can see a value in it. The typically MO at the water parks is to get there hella early and stake your claim to a good spot and hope someone does not rip it out from under you if you don't post a guard 24/7. With this you pony up some coin and then it is easy sailing for the rest of the day. You have a spot, a locker, drinks and your own personal pool boy or girl and you can enjoy the day without the worry of possibly having to evict some 400 lb guy with body hair issues and a spedo off of your beach towel. The six mugs alone will cost you $60 locker rentals are another $3-$5 a piece. Subtract that out and the price for some peace of mind ain't so bad.

brucie

What do the pool attendants do all day? Get your drinks?? Because if you were to purchase this I'm sure you would be there for the entire day. I just don't know what an attendant would do all day while you are gone most of the time on water slides. If was loaded I would prob do it, but I'm not so I will continue to fight for my spot.

jt04

Nice. I appreciate when they offer these creative packages. Not for everyone but for those that need an option like this it's great.

markc

Nice. I appreciate when they offer these creative packages. Not for everyone but for those that need an option like this it's great.

Calling these "creative" is going a little too far - they did nothing more than rip the idea from the Miami hotels that do cabanas at the pools. It's nothing more than a VERY desperate bid by Disney to increase revenue at a time when its shrinking.

And as for appreciating it - you say that now - but when the *empty* premium spaces (and they will be empty - because I highly doubt there's that many families willing to fork over that money) makes it harder for you to find a spot at the water parks and ensues more fighting to stake a claim, you may rethink that.

wdwfan100

Calling these "creative" is going a little too far - they did nothing more than rip the idea from the Miami hotels that do cabanas at the pools. It's nothing more than a VERY desperate bid by Disney to increase revenue at a time when its shrinking.

And as for appreciating it - you say that now - but when the *empty* premium spaces (and they will be empty - because I highly doubt there's that many families willing to fork over that money) makes it harder for you to find a spot at the water parks and ensues more fighting to stake a claim, you may rethink that.

I do not know if that is true. People seem to be willing to spend $400-$500+ a night to stay at the deluxes. As master yoda said, the peace of mind could make it worth it to more than you think

dreamfinder

What do the pool attendants do all day?

My guess is it is one attendant for all 4 cabanas. Even renting just 1 a day covers their expenses. I would think they are mostly there to watch your stuff, and assist with questions. It's not like there are rides they can go get your FP's for or anything.

pixiedustaddict

expensive

I don't think they are focusing the project on people who would think that it is "expensive"... It is directed towards the "privileged" few who "expect" this kind of treatment.. Hell, some people spend more to have their dogs washed. :ROFLOL:

For me, I don't sit still long enough for anyone to wait on me...
I am there to have fun... I am always moving.:D

Pixie

MousDad

Ah yes - Disney creativity at its best. Frankly, that's why I keep going back. Always something new and creative to see and experience.

I've looked elsewhere, but no one, and I mean no one, is more creative (at extracting large amounts of cash from their customers) than our beloved Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
It is a bit on the spendy side but I can see a value in it. The typically MO at the water parks is to get there hella early and stake your claim to a good spot and hope someone does not rip it out from under you if you don't post a guard 24/7. With this you pony up some coin and then it is easy sailing for the rest of the day. You have a spot, a locker, drinks and your own personal pool boy or girl and you can enjoy the day without the worry of possibly having to evict some 400 lb guy with body hair issues and a spedo off of your beach towel. The six mugs alone will cost you $60 locker rentals are another $3-$5 a piece. Subtract that out and the price for some peace of mind ain't so bad.
Yeh. I get that. I guess I cant relate. I think that is the problem. Before, it was just Sam and I. We really didnt even "layout". Just tore up all the attractions. Ate lunch, back to the slides etc.

Now, if i had a fam of 6-8 and needed that, I guess I would reavaluate.

Also, Im the guy that hates dropping coin on things like that when that $250 could buy a lot of merchandise. :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't think they are focusing the project on people who would think that it is "expensive"... It is directed towards the "privileged" few who "expect" this kind of treatment.. Hell, some people spend more to have their dogs washed. :ROFLOL:

For me, I don't sit still long enough for anyone to wait on me...
I am there to have fun... I am always moving.:D

Pixie
Why does it always come to this anytime that Disney comes up with something special that the average starving college student (which many of us were at one time) can't afford. It has nothing to do with "the privileged". Quite a few of us reach a point in our lives where we can afford, see value in and will pay for convenience. Disney is merely making that convenience available to us at a fee. In spite of what many people think there is nothing wrong with working hard and enjoying the fruits of your labor. When you are the leader of a family of 5 and they look to you make sure everything goes right a $250 price tag to make that goal much easier is a pittance.

Dwarful

Well, I too think the $250 price is a bit steep for the 'service' they are offering... towels, lockers, soda and a 'guard'. We have gone to the water parks numerous times. Never seem to make it right at opening and have never had trouble finding a spot to put our things. Also, no one has ever been 'squating' on our stuff when we return to get sunblock etc., Maybe we have been lucky, I don't know. But I do know that we are staying at a deluxe resort and I have no interest in dropping $250 for this option. I'll leave it to the others to enjoy.

WDWFigment

Why does it always come to this anytime that Disney comes up with something special that the average starving college student (which many of us were at one time) can't afford. It has nothing to do with "the privileged". Quite a few of us reach a point in our lives where we can afford, see value in and will pay for convenience. Disney is merely making that convenience available to us at a fee. In spite of what many people think there is nothing wrong with working hard and enjoying the fruits of your labor. When you are the leader of a family of 5 and they look to you make sure everything goes right a $250 price tag to make that goal much easier is a pittance.

Anyone who makes more money than me is automatically privileged and undeserving of the luxuries they can afford (coincidentally, anyone who makes less than me is lazy and a drain on our society). Further, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, LLC is not a for-profit company!!, WDW is supposed to be a place of economic equality where all can enjoy the same things. Walt would not have wanted it this way!@!!!

.... :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, this sounds like a good idea. Nothing original or creative about it, but a nice service. I just hope some do avail themselves of the opportunity, otherwise it does become wasted space eating into the already limited beach space. So long as it fills up (for the most), I think it's a nice addition.

nolatron

(and they will be empty - because I highly doubt there's that many families willing to fork over that money)

I would easily fork out $250 for this for my family.

I don't expect to be treated like a king when I travel either. I make a decent living, save for vacations, and can simply afford these the nice perks/conveniences when I'm on those vacations without going :eek: when I see the bill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom