New portable handheld ticket reader

wagnerdanp

Original Poster
Hi folks,

So, I went to the HS this evening and a front gate cast member had a handheld device (look almost like an android device) and she took my annual pass and just swiped it on the device. She then told me to just walk through the open stroller gate. She mentioned that this was a brand new device that disney was testing. Has anyone else heard of this or have tried it before?

Turtle

Hi folks,

So, I went to the HS this evening and a front gate cast member had a handheld device (look almost like an android device) and she took my annual pass and just swiped it on the device. She then told me to just walk through the open stroller gate. She mentioned that this was a brand new device that disney was testing. Has anyone else heard of this or have tried it before?
did you see those people chanting the bane theme from "The Dark Knight Rises" on tower of terror today? That was hilarious XD

lnsemsf

I went through that on Saturday the 17th also at HS. It was being used to try to move people through the lines faster. Of course the foreign people in front of us didnt understand so 1 stood in the turnstyle and the other stood staring at the CM for about 30 seconds. Eventually I got to the Cm with the scanner who took my pass and did a quick scan. I looked at the screen to the best of my ability and it eventually went green and I was welcomed in to the park. It took just about 2 seconds because there was no finger scan. It seems like it could be very helpful for peak times when all enterence gates are in use but lines are still long. Any CM could grab a scanner, stand at the stroller gate and help grab the next person in line to keep the lines moving.

Figment1986

I saw one day at MK they were testing a similar scanner with what looked to be iphones possibly.
considdering it appears they are using ipod touches already in be our guest with the RFID tech (I might be wrong though but it does look like an ipod touch to me) this is a possibility... maybe they have 2 different ones they are testing out?

Tom

Beta Return
Don't remember which park or which day this week, but we experienced this at least once. Was the fastest moving line at that entrance.

As a side note, they're installing NextGen "gates" at all four parks now. Walls up at the end of turnstiles at all 4 as of late this week.

Innkeeper's Club

It's good to see WDW finally using this type of technoligy because I always wanted them to have a system where they can scan our tickets when entering the parks, instead of us inserting them into that ticket machine reader or whatever it's called.

jdmdisney99

It's good to see WDW finally using this type of technoligy because I always wanted them to have a system where they can scan our tickets when entering the parks, instead of us inserting them into that ticket machine reader or whatever it's called.
And then when it doesn't work...yeah, I think I'll take RFID.

JWG

Got screwed by this at Epcot tonight. Was using an old ticket, after waiting in line and getting to this person, she made me go to the end of another line. If I'd known this is what I was in line for I would have avoided it. We have older no expiration tix that predate this tech.

Tom

Beta Return
Got screwed by this at Epcot tonight. Was using an old ticket, after waiting in line and getting to this person, she made me go to the end of another line. If I'd known this is what I was in line for I would have avoided it. We have older no expiration tix that predate this tech.

Bummer. Sounds like you need to be visiting Guest Relations to get yourself some upgraded ticket media.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom