News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It’s amazing how the last defense of this project has settled on, “It’s not really that bad if you don’t look at it or see it.”
Some opinions, like the defense of this or the defense of the Epcot overhaul, can just simply be wrong. It’s just ignoring what’s in front of your eyes and the reality of what has actually occurred over the last several years.

John park hopper

There was a time when Disney did things that were great. There was none of this --well just don't look at it. Disney saw there was big $$$$$$$$ in DVC and they could build run of the mill hotels and the lemmings would run with money in hand. Disney is just meeting the low expectations of the buying public.

Last edited:

Epcot81Fan

At this point, I think Disney could tear down Cinderella Castle and put a DVC resort in its place, all while peeing on your shoes, and there would be some to defend it.

“It was an underutilized space anyways!”
“What’s the big deal? Urine is sterile!”
"Why do you hate change?!"
"Walt said the parks would never be finished!"
"It's not 1971 anymore, Boomer!!!"
"It never even looked like a real castle anyway!"
"Who cares, just turn right at the end of Main Street and you don't even have to see it!"

Chef idea Mickey`=

It should of been built the same way they did The Grand Floridian Villa. If it reached the same exact height it would match up at least with the surrounding resorts. The number of rooms with whatever views they can bring matter more to them than the exterior or how it looks obviously. They did a good job with Grand Floridian and The Contemporary and if anyone has their own concept art of a building for Polynesian that would work with the longhouses and yet give plenty of rooms with views then I'd love to see it. 👁

sedati

It's far from the most beautiful thing they've ever built but I really don't understand the intense feelings in regards to this given that we've now got it confirmed from several people that from a distance it doesn't stick out and that you can barely even see it from the other parts of the Poly itself.

This kinda seems like a case of if you don't want to look at it then just don't go visit it and stick to the rest of the resort.
With this and Grand Helios both going up at the same time I have to say this is the less egregious of the two. As the two near completion I can at least say the poly is looking a bit better as details are added where I'm genuinely shocked at how plain the Helios with the exception of the all-important roof-top bars and domes. Both will benefit from landscaping but in the end, the Poly is by and far better for the sole fact that it is not the centerpiece of park.

sedati

I'm sure it's been shown before, but is it worse or better than the original concept:
1726947427931.png

1726947587216.png

1726947513735.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Some opinions, like the defense of this or the defense of the Epcot overhaul, can just simply be wrong. It’s just ignoring what’s in front of your eyes and the reality of what has actually occurred over the last several years.
Can you provide me with 5 names of people who've posted in this thread who've claimed something to the effect that they think it looks real good so far?

I know I haven't said that.

etc98

It should of been built the same way they did The Grand Floridian Villa. If it reached the same exact height it would match up at least with the surrounding resorts. The number of rooms with whatever views they can bring matter more to them than the exterior or how it looks obviously. They did a good job with Grand Floridian and The Contemporary and if anyone has their own concept art of a building for Polynesian that would work with the longhouses and yet give plenty of rooms with views then I'd love to see it. 👁
I posted a thread on the Imagineering forums with a concept for a redo of the exterior while trying not to change the overall shape of the building or number of rooms, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom