News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Chef idea Mickey`=

I don’t get the hate for riviera. Agreed with cabins and contemporary retheme to me does not impact the overall resort. But riviera has beautiful grounds, beautiful rooms, skyliner, great food options and it’s not a sprawling resort with 5 internal bus stops like old key west or Saratoga. It feels like a true resort/getaway for me.
💯To me also! I agree it really brought a new destination ambience place for the Epcot resort area and has helped bring an easier way of transportation to Carribbean Beach to the parks and back and also for Art of Animation/PoP for sure.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Much like this new Poly building, my biggest issue with Riviera is that it doesn’t blend at all with its surroundings. The Riviera looks ridiculous next to CBR and this new Poly DVC tower doesn’t blend at all with the current bungalows.
If your Carribbean room had a view of it, I'd understand, you could easily get another room in another area of the resort if that was the case. There are plenty of room areas that is tucked away if you want that Carribbean escape.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I'm just thankful we don't have to see it from Grand Floridian resort and we can experience The Polynesian still without having to see it if we wanted. Has it impacted what was once a peaceful quiet beautiful walking path with just you and the sound of nothing just of a monorail passing by in a while...yes

Ayla

I'm just thankful we don't have to see it from Grand Floridian resort and we can experience The Polynesian still without having to see it if we wanted. Has it impacted what was once a peaceful quiet beautiful walking path with just you and the sound of nothing just of a monorail passing by in a while...yes
You think you won't see it from the Grand Floridian or the Poly? 😂

Chef idea Mickey`=

1000059694.png
1000059693.png

For all of you who wished Riviera looked something more so like this on the Italian half at least!

(Unboxly, not Grey and non fake roofs.) A previous resort concept for seven seas lagoon that was developed twice and cancelled twice! 🙉

Mr. Sullivan

It's far from the most beautiful thing they've ever built but I really don't understand the intense feelings in regards to this given that we've now got it confirmed from several people that from a distance it doesn't stick out and that you can barely even see it from the other parts of the Poly itself.

This kinda seems like a case of if you don't want to look at it then just don't go visit it and stick to the rest of the resort.

Chef idea Mickey`=

It's far from the most beautiful thing they've ever built but I really don't understand the intense feelings in regards to this given that we've now got it confirmed from several people that from a distance it doesn't stick out and that you can barely even see it from the other parts of the Poly itself.

This kinda seems like a case of if you don't want to look at it then just don't go visit it and stick to the rest of the resort.
It's still an eyesoar and a monstrous shape and the angle that it sits. Speaking of fake boxy roofs Riviera I much prefer that over the roof they went with Polynesian Island Tower. Someone brought an excellent analogy that when you look at it from the monorail beam between it and Grand Floridian the hotels look like a straight Vegas Strip. It's odd when passing it on the monorail and then Grand Floridian right after. It's a T-Rex 🤥

Last edited:

Tha Realest

Yeah people, it doesn’t stick out! Just avert your eyes!

1726746241826.png

1726746291304.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom