News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

JD80

Running water cost Disney money ---pumps, water chemicals, etc and they are not making Disney $$$$$

So Disney should ignore operational costs? Or Disney should put in additional unnecessary features so it gives the fans something to complain about in a few years when they don't work.

(This post is an attempt at humor)

castlecake2.0

You can also see in the concept image there is going to be essentially an infinity water feature built into the restaurant. Guests are sitting below the water line.

It seems there is growing consensus the restaurant is at least a success.
Just came here to say this. The restaurant looks really nice even if I’m mad about the overall actual hotel monstrosity
4E2A3F96-B67C-43AA-A896-43883533DF1F.jpeg

easyrowrdw

I assume this poster is referencing the lack of fun features seen at many splash pads (slides, water buckets, water cannons, etc.)

That said, if I remember correctly the Bay Lake “splash pad” was similar to this. Hit or miss for kids (sometimes they might find great fun in water fountains, sometimes kids above toddler age totally ignore them,) but in keeping with what that DVC offers by way of splash pad. If I were paying Poly DVC prices I’d want at least a slide, but that’s just me.
The splash pad (a term that doesn’t really do it justice) at the main pool is great. Seems like we’ll be sticking with that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Running water cost Disney money ---pumps, water chemicals, etc and they are not making Disney $$$$$

They kept Grand Ave. muppet fountain and have recently refurbished it.

They added one to Remy plaza.

JoW is a fountain replacement trading a large show for smaller interactive engagement.

Illuminous features top notch fountains.

EPCOT got a brand new entrance-fountain.

Pandora was built with impressive waterfalls (not counting the fake one featuring cotton on a wheel).

The Morocco fountain was retained despite the horrific re-tiling.

A water feature was included in the Rise queue (should have been visible from the main walkway, tho)

Disstevefan1

They kept Grand Ave. muppet fountain and have recently refurbished it.

They added one to Remy plaza.

JoW is a fountain replacement trading a large show for smaller interactive engagement.

Illuminous features top notch fountains.

EPCOT got a brand new entrance-fountain.

Pandora was built with impressive waterfalls (not counting the fake one featuring cotton on a wheel).

The Morocco fountain was retained despite the horrific re-tiling.

A water feature was included in the Rise queue (should have been visible from the main walkway, tho)
So maybe they wont pave over the Rivers of America ??🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

easyrowrdw

Waterfalls....everyone loves waterfalls.... A Polynesian pool with no waterfall is a letdown... even for a kids play area.... I like the infinity edge on the restaurant, but I miss the old Poly before they ripped out the back water features for a useless "Event Lawn"...Disney used to do beautiful running streams and creeks as part of area theming...Even Frontierland had one next to the Shooting Gallery... It would have been nice to have seen some "natural" water features built into this new addition....From what I have seen the pl for the tower will just be a pool...nothing special or interesting....
I’m not sure if we’re talking about the same place, but the lawn gets a lot of use. Kids are almost always out there playing. At night they have events and, again, there are a lot kids having a great time. I’d also appreciate more water features around the hotel though.

Bocabear

I’m not sure if we’re talking about the same place, but the lawn gets a lot of use. Kids are almost always out there playing. At night they have events and, again, there are a lot kids having a great time. I’d also appreciate more water features around the hotel though.
the old waterway went through the middle of the Event Lawn... There are plenty of places for kids to play... it is just an open space now so they use it...but the caldera at the lobby and the trailing stream that led to the pool was beautiful placemaking... Shame to have lost that for a plain lawn....which could have been anywhere... I think we would all appreciate more water features around the hotel... but as long as they keep removing them for event spaces, it's not going to happen... I don't see anything planned for the new tower yet...So I am expecting it to have none except for the Moana Splash Pad and the completely plain pool.

DisneyHead123

My kids have (thankfully) outgrown splash pad age, but my concern is that in addition to a lack of slides, buckets, cannons, etc, there are things that look like attractive hazards— you have a big slippery surface and then some poles and ropes that bored kids may try to climb, hang from, etc. — where are the lawyers and the insurance adjusters on this one?
They may be banking on the fact that the pools are heavily monitored. I give Disney a lot of credit for that, they don’t mess around with the lifeguard situation. So they probably have a little more flexibility there.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney Vacation Club has launched a new page for the Island Tower with a few more details:

Wailulu Bar & Grill:

The new Wailulu Bar & Grill—located within the addition—evokes the natural beauty of the islands, from banquette seating surrounded by flowing water to a lava rock-inspired bar overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon. It also offers breathtaking views of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom park. Enjoy an on-the-go breakfast and an all-day lunch and dinner menu, plus a walk-up pool bar and grill.

Pool area:

The tower addition will include a new fitness center and pool area. Offering both aquatic fun and a relaxing escape, the new Cove Pool has a courtyard with a sandy beach area, whirlpool spa and magnificent views of Seven Seas Lagoon. Little ones can discover Moana’s Voyage—a new splash area with a figure of Moana and her iconic outrigger canoe, plus fun water features.

Garden areas:

Tower Guests also have exclusive access to 4 gardens—tropical terrace hideaways—each themed to a different island. These impeccably designed terraces highlight the flora and artwork of Bora Bora, Hawaiʻi, Samoa and Fiji. Plus, their uniquely themed seating areas offer spectacular views of Magic Kingdom park fireworks on one side of the tower and Disney’s Oak Trail and Magnolia Golf Courses on the other.

Here's a link to the new page.

splah

Everything looks nice on the inside, if only the tower was nicer on the outside. I’m hoping it has a big horticulture budget, with lush plantings it could help a little bit
Exactly the inside looks lively and warm, but the overall design is flat.

I really appreciate the VIBRANT color of the garden area mural rather than the desaturated colors in the rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom