News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Epcot82Guy

Not having a rooftop terrace/restaurant seems to be a big miss here. The lack of dining options and the lack of fireworks viewing would have been solved

I agree. All of the other recent towers have had that, even if it's DVC-specific. In arguably the prime location, this seems like a huge miss. It doesn't have to be the center feature, necessarily. But, it should have at least been on one of the shorter flanks.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I think it was a choice between a gym or community hall. 😕

I think the gym space is too big for a community hall and that they can get away putting one into a smaller room. There are some other spots near laundry and back by first floor rooms that look more like back office support but one could be carved into a usable community hall. Or just have it on another floor. Kidani's is carved out of what would otherwise be villa space.

BrianLo

I mean for all that other trash they’re trying to sell

I have no idea how you are drawing that conclusion out of promo images for a restaurant. The Poly Tower was announced years ago when VGF2 was super successful. To cash in on that trend of adding on to preexisting associations. The poly tower sales and details have been incredibly slow to release, it’s opening in December and generally would have been on sale by now. Clearly it’s gearing up for sales shortly with the final detail blitz.

RIV just had its best sales month in four years and the summer sales cycle has been incredibly strong. I know you are going with intuition on this one, but your intuition is quite off the mark (unless it’s about the cabins). While WDW attendance is increasingly soft, somehow DVC is continually bucking the trend.

But, PS the Cabins at fort wilderness are a complete and total confusing bust that they seem to just be ignoring.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have no idea how you are drawing that conclusion out of promo images for a restaurant. The Poly Tower was announced years ago when VGF2 was super successful. To cash in on that trend of adding on to preexisting associations. The poly tower sales and details have been incredibly slow to release, it’s opening in December and generally would have been on sale by now. Clearly it’s gearing up for sales shortly with the final detail blitz.

RIV just had its best sales month in four years and the summer sales cycle has been incredibly strong. I know you are going with intuition on this one, but your intuition is quite off the mark (unless it’s about the cabins). While WDW attendance is increasingly soft, somehow DVC is continually bucking the trend.

But, PS the Cabins at fort wilderness are a complete and total confusing bust that they seem to just be ignoring.
You check the ole Disney files? It was literally the most pathetic issue I’ve seen in 25 years?

Why do you think things are going so well? Cause Bob does the same things no matter what?

We’re still below the chapek line after a huge rally week. It ain’t working

trainplane3

Not having a rooftop terrace/restaurant seems to be a big miss here. The lack of dining options and the lack of fireworks viewing would have been solved
I might lean towards how close it is to TTC. Anyone could park at the TTC and walk over to it while Top of the World is further away and behind a strict guard booth to discourage visitors. And with how the Poly security team is usually even more strict with randoms and Trader Sams, they probably don't want to entertain another reason for people trying to get through their gate. And sure you can do the same with TTC to MK to ToTW but there's more effort to go through it.

I doubt it's the reason though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom