News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
My kids have (thankfully) outgrown splash pad age, but my concern is that in addition to a lack of slides, buckets, cannons, etc, there are things that look like attractive hazards— you have a big slippery surface and then some poles and ropes that bored kids may try to climb, hang from, etc. — where are the lawyers and the insurance adjusters on this one?

I had the same thought. I love that they're going with it but It looks like a lawyer's liability nightmare.

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Screenshot_20240822_102314_Chrome.jpg

Epcot82Guy

Yes the outside is hideous compared to other Disney hotels but the inside seems better looking than the Grand Helios Universal is building.

I agree. I would say the inside is more detailed and stylized, with potentially higher end finishes. (Though it's tough to know until we see the finished product on both side.) But, the recent hotels really do feel like Universal hotels vs. Disney. To put Helios, Destino, Island Tower and Riviera (and even BLT, but it has a reason to look this way) in the same general boat is a very fair comparison, in my opinion. What's notable is it's tougher to distinguish Disney from the others. (I do think Destino, despite the exterior, is the most successful of them so far.)

The interior shots are objectively nice. But, they seem to be more "nice hotels with a theme" vs. "themed" (in the sense of detailed place setting). I would enjoy staying in the hotel. It's just not feeling very Disney or like I'm in some unique other world/place. And, I'm also not sure these will age well compared with the more "fully themed" Disney hotels.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
There's a what looks like a laundry room on the first floor. Three washers (W) and (likely) six dryers (D), like Riviera.

Screenshot_20240822_130257_Drive.jpg

I'm trying to find a community hall and there are a few first floor possibilities but nothing I'm confident enough about to even speculate existence.

surfsupdon

I'd hate to have a room near the firework garden view boxes. Imagine the noise from the gardens and then the hallways traffic upon show being over, especially if you are on that floor. Everyone on the rear facing tower view will be jockeying for a position in one of the two gardens each night at fireworks time.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yes the outside is hideous compared to other Disney hotels but the inside seems better looking than the Grand Helios Universal is building.
Hideous is an understatement. It is complete and utter garbage and ruins the view around the lagoon. It sticks out like a sore, nasty, infected thumb. I still cannot believe this got through the approval process.

Woo, people get to see some fireworks... :rolleyes:

bwr827

Hideous is an understatement. It is complete and utter garbage and ruins the view around the lagoon. It sticks out like a sore, nasty, infected thumb. I still cannot believe this got through the approval process.

Woo, people get to see some fireworks... :rolleyes:
I read your comment and then glanced up at your profile pic. Are they describing that picture too?

nickys

Premium Member
They kept Grand Ave. muppet fountain and have recently refurbished it.

They added one to Remy plaza.

JoW is a fountain replacement trading a large show for smaller interactive engagement.

Illuminous features top notch fountains.

EPCOT got a brand new entrance-fountain.

Pandora was built with impressive waterfalls (not counting the fake one featuring cotton on a wheel).

The Morocco fountain was retained despite the horrific re-tiling.

A water feature was included in the Rise queue (should have been visible from the main walkway, tho)
BLT also has a water feature.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom