News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Epcot82Guy

I have to say... this selective authenticity is actually starting to bother me personally. We'll full pull away from the whimsy and fantasy of Disney resorts... Yet bathroom tile is ok for Morocco. The fragmentation of approach current Disney Parks has is maddening to me. I know it's expected of giant corporations. But, it doesn't make the result any better. There seems to be no vision of the whole at all.

Bocabear

So I guess if you dumb down the product and make it less creative and farther away from the original vision of the resort... Raise the prices and make the hotels and experiences more generic and less of what made Disney, Disney, The people will keep coming so why try to do better? Isn't there a point when the bucket tips? Which I think is beginning to happen now.....

erasure fan1

I have to say... this selective authenticity is actually starting to bother me personally. We'll full pull away from the whimsy and fantasy of Disney resorts... Yet bathroom tile is ok for Morocco. The fragmentation of approach current Disney Parks has is maddening to me. I know it's expected of giant corporations. But, it doesn't make the result any better. There seems to be no vision of the whole at all.
Why have a vision when you can kick the rock further down the road and make it someone else's problem? Collect your parachute, and walk into the sunset.

Tha Realest

I know a lot of people have complained about the look of the outside of the DVC tower that it looks like a regular Hilton...I agree 100%!!!! Why couldn't they have made it look like Alani style? This is a Disney FAIL! as well as the new 'cabins' at Fort Wilderness! Disney is going in the WRONG DIRECTION in EVERYTHING lately!
Because all of those things require creative minds and a willingness to spend money.

John park hopper

What a fantastic view(NOT) from the Poly bungalows and only 600 a night

1721414700588.png

BrianLo

Stop buying DVC (Disney Time Share). Problem solved. Money will then go elsewhere. Supply and demand.

No… no it does not.

DVC generates its own revenue pool and the demands of sales require inventory build out to continue the segment. It isn’t like they are deferring a new MK E ticket because they have to build Poly.

If DVC closes, its revenue stream ends, and its operating income no longer is added to the experiences segment, which would indirectly worsen business propositions for new additions you care about.

Heck, even in a much more overt fashion, DVC brought the first real new transport option to the resort in decades… DVC is propping up WDW, not dragging down its investment cycle. The resort as a whole is doing that all on its own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom