News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

mysto

Sorry if this has been covered but what are the bigger squares?
I think they're public lounges. Dormitories at my college were designed like this, looked very similar but with red brick facing. The rumor was that it was designed to be a prison in Arizona, maybe Disney got a discount on the drawings that have been reused so many times.

JoeCamel

Authentic ? Authentic what?
Authentically generic...
I think they're public lounges. Dormitories at my college were designed like this, looked very similar but with red brick facing. The rumor was that it was designed to be a prison in Arizona, maybe Disney got a discount on the drawings that have been reused so many times.
They got the CFTOD prison plans.....

nickys

Premium Member
Externally totally unimpressive and underwhelming, BUT! I want to see what the interior will look like. Will the bland and blah theming be carried over to the inside?
We know what the rooms are like, not the rest of the resort.

If they put as much thought into the public spaces as they did the rooms, then we can expect some authentic Polynesian art. I’m not a fan of the colour contrasts (or rather, the lack of it) but others disagree.

The question then is, why did they not use some of that inspiration for the outside?

That said, this article from Mousesteps has pictures of Kidani 5 months before opening. I know more recent resorts can’t match Kidani for theming, but it shows what can happen in 5 months.

Last edited:

Epcot81Fan

If only they had experience in building a modern Polynesian themed resort....

1720887426605.png

Aries1975

This from the company (formerly) known for their immersive storytelling and creativity.

View attachment 799630

I’ve tried to be open minded that the finishing details could salvage this but as we get closer to completion it’s looking worse by the day.
I am not thrilled with the direction this project is going, but in all fairness, this is clearly a view of the loading dock. It is hard to judge the architecture of a building based on its most utilitarian feature.

GimpYancIent

I am not thrilled with the direction this project is going, but in all fairness, this is clearly a view of the loading dock. It is hard to judge the architecture of a building based on its most utilitarian feature.
The way things are going all the views are pretty much the same. Sad.

Club Cooloholic

We know what the rooms are like, not the rest of the resort.

If they put as much thought into the public spaces as they did the rooms, then we can expect some authentic Polynesian art. I’m not a fan of the colour contrasts (or rather, the lack of it) but others disagree.

The question then is, why did they not use some of that inspiration for the outside?

That said, this article from Mousesteps has pictures of Kidani 5 months before opening. I know more recent resorts can’t match Kidani for theming, but it shows what can happen in 5 months.

This is True and I love Kidani, that said other than the main entrance, the parking lot side of Kidani is ..well I. Some ways hidden and in the ways you can see it, it's just ok. That said, this Poly thing is so tall and huge. Its like they said, we blocked the water views with our ridiculously expensive bungalows, let's block out some more views with a giant building that is taller.

nickys

Premium Member
This is True and I love Kidani, that said other than the main entrance, the parking lot side of Kidani is ..well I. Some ways hidden and in the ways you can see it, it's just ok. That said, this Poly thing is so tall and huge. It’s like they said, we blocked the water views with our ridiculously expensive bungalows, let's block out some more views with a giant building that is taller.
There isn’t a parking lot at Kidani, but I assume you mean the pool side.

nickys

Premium Member
Technically there is a small lot along the western side of the south wing of the building.
OK, so facing the entrance, which is the south wing?
I assume to the left, so the parking lot is past the pool somewhere? I thought that road was just an access road for service vehicles!

Dr.GrantSeeker

OK, so facing the entrance, which is the south wing?
I assume to the left, so the parking lot is past the pool somewhere? I thought that road was just an access road for service vehicles!
If you are facing the entrance of KV, the right side is the south wing, where the small parking lot is located. Most of the resort parking is located in the “parking garage” underneath the entire resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom