News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The thing about “theme park view”…is it’s by far the worst from poly

Not that it’s an excuse for adults to act like children anyway
TPV is nonsense at BLT, where it’s just a glorified parking lot view and if you get the binoculars you can see a castle.

It’s even worse at GF where you typically can’t even use the binoculars from your room, you have to go onto the balcony to birdwatch towards the park.

This at Poly is egregious.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
IMG_0474.jpeg
Poly Island Tower Theme Park View Theme Park Viewer

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
TPV is nonsense at BLT, where it’s just a glorified parking lot view and if you get the binoculars you can see a castle.

It’s even worse at GF where you typically can’t even use the binoculars from your room, you have to go onto the balcony to birdwatch towards the park.

Funny thing about all the Disney “berm” parks…is that the service areas were on the edge/beyond the berms

That was the whole point…they didnt want people looking in from above.

The problem is the contemporary is too close due to the waterways…giving the false impression they want you looking.

They never did…it was designed for separation.

Even Eisner got that…coulda built towers at boardwalk and Y&B…or DAKL

But didn’t

Now they build towers that look at the outer rim of world showcase and caribbean/pop

New doesn't necessarily mean better

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

I believe the club lagoon-side rooms are sold as theme park view. At least compared to Moorea the club lower floors should be unobstructed. But yeah, the castle is far away and it's a not a theme park. I wonder if part of tower budget is trimming trees on Beachcomber Island to maximize the number of floors sold as theme park view. 😂

easyrowrdw

When we first stayed at the Polynesian my kid remarked, “I can see Space Mountain from our hotel.” That was just walking around the grounds. You should have clear views of the castle, Space, and maybe more from these tower rooms, not to mention the fireworks. That seems like theme park views to me. Is it just the distance that’s the issue?

Edit: I personally had no trouble seeing the castle, Space, and other parts of MK from BLT either. You get the parking lot as a bonus lol

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When we first stayed at the Polynesian my kid remarked, “I can see Space Mountain from our hotel.” That was just walking around the grounds. You should have clear views of the castle, Space, and maybe more from these tower rooms, not to mention the fireworks. That seems like theme park views to me. Is it just the distance that’s the issue?
Yeah…

Like I can see Russia from my house 🔭

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Seeing the castle from Poly is a treat in the same way that an amuse-bouche or basic bread service is at a restaurant. All great to have when they feel included in the experience but then if charged more it feels like getting ripped off for something small.

Riviera fireworks view rooms are classified as *standard* and are closer to World Showcase than the Poly Island Tower is to MK fireworks. And at Island Tower calling them lake side is already a baked-in price premium without adding second layer of theme park.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

The obvious solution is to... build a taller tower next to this one!!! And equip it with the "Poly Island Tower Theme Park View Theme Park Viewer" (additional fee required, prices higher during certain times of the day).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom