News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

MotherofaPrincessLover

I can appreciate what they’re doing with the studios but I’d honestly prefer a washer/drier and the kitchen is right next to the bed where most kids will be. We can’t be the only parents who wake up and make coffee and breakfast before waking up the kids, can we? They‘ll wake up immediately here.
Yes to the washer/dryer! Do studios really need a dishwasher?

easyrowrdw

Yeah…

Like I can see Russia from my house 🔭
😂

I guess now I’m wondering what, if anything, constitutes a theme park view at a Disney resort.
Yes. It’s like someone saying they have a view of Jupiter from their yard.

If it was $7 a night more, maybe I’d be less annoyed. But at the other resorts it’s like 2-3 points more per night.
I don’t think that’s a reasonable comparison. But I think our experiences/opinions of views at Poly and BLT are just different.

mrerk

Premium Member
What were actual dates quoted? If in December between opening and end of year then we should at least consider how expensive cash rooms are that time of year. BLT cash theme park two bedrooms are over $3200 that time of year.

Theme park view? So the upper floors are considered theme park view? That's one way to fit more points into the resort. I guess lower floors on that side will be lake?
1/4 - 1/11. $3755 for the 4th (Saturday), $2847 for the 5th - 9th, $3326 for the 10th (Friday)

Sectorkeeper71

The problem is the contemporary is too close due too the waterways…giving the false impression they want you looking.

They never did…it was designed for separation.
this is an interesting point. They wanted the building visible from Tomorrowland, but the flip side is it makes folks wanna look into the park when they’re at the contemporary.

It sorta leads me to roll my eyes a bit when people complain about being able to see backstage from the skyliner; we’ve been staring at the backstage of magic kingdom from the contemporary since 1971

ToTBellHop

Maintenance fees will be the same as the current ones, it’s part of the same association.

No points chart yet.
1717522032289.jpeg

Sectorkeeper71

I’m very “meh” on this whole project; the rooms themselves seem alright but the building leaves something to be desired.

Ultimately, I blame the folks who laid out the whole resort in the 60s for this; why on earth is the poly built directly adjacent to the magic kingdom parking lot? They had 27k acres and decided that was where they were gonna squeeze things together

ToTBellHop

I’m very “meh” on this whole project; the rooms themselves seem alright but the building leaves something to be desired.

Ultimately, I blame the folks who laid out the whole resort in the 60s for this; why on earth is the poly built directly adjacent to the magic kingdom parking lot? They had 27k acres and decided that was where they were gonna squeeze things together
Because there was a volcano there. It made sense to build a pool around it and then a resort. This new tower is actually pretty clever because the big spenders will be above any pyroclastic flow.

nickys

Premium Member
I feel like I watched a different video than everyone else here. The rooms are the color of sand. It’s like complaining the VGF rooms are too white.
But some of the design seems to be trying to invoke images of the sea, so why is it ALL beige?

That was my first impression - beige. Until you pull down the Murphy beds, both the queen and the twin, and then you get colour.

Agree with @ToTBellHop with the positioning of the kitchenette. Interesting about a dishwasher in the studio.

One question, since I watched with muted sound, is the twin Murphy also in the living room of the 1-bed?

John park hopper

Anyone else not loving the design of the rooms? Very beige, bland, looks like it could be a hotel anywhere. I go to Disney for the over the top theming and immersion. I’m slowly realizing that is a thing of the past as the designs have trended more and more generic.
Agree, a vacation in the past at WDW was all about theme and escaping reality now there is no theme, Disney has made the parks a nightmare I don't want to get up at before 7am to plan my day (did that when I was working ). Stayed at the Poly years ago and it was like being in Polynesia ---the lobby was awesome, the luau was great enterainmentr Disney you have lost your soul IMO

Ayla

But some of the design seems to be trying to invoke images of the sea, so why is it ALL beige?

That was my first impression - beige. Until you pull down the Murphy beds, both the queen and the twin, and then you get colour.

Agree with @ToTBellHop with the positioning of the kitchenette. Interesting about a dishwasher in the studio.

One question, since I watched with muted sound, is the twin Murphy also in the living room of the 1-bed?
It's only in the living room of the 1 bed. Studios only sleep 4.

ToTBellHop

Agree, a vacation in the past at WDW was all about theme and escaping reality now there is no theme, Disney has made the parks a nightmare I don't want to get up at before 7am to plan my day (did that when I was working ). Stayed at the Poly years ago and it was like being in Polynesia ---the lobby was awesome, the luau was great enterainmentr Disney you have lost your soul IMO
But there are Dole Whips and turf fields! Just don’t open your eyes on the volcano slide. I did once.
1717523657358.gif

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Accommodations could've used more touches of color, here and there.

Not a fan of the kitchenette positioning in the Studio. I don't find the addition of a dishwasher in a Studio to be a big plus.

And again with those tiny Studios for 2, like the Tower Studios at Riviera. Are they that popular, btw? I guess they work fine for a solo traveler, but for two?, tight and crowded, imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom