News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
I'm torn on this. There was the original 70's plan for a tower, but that was an interesting design. This one is generic (ala the Riviera). It is certainly a big departure from the base Poly styling which seems lush and tropical by comparison (DVC rooms).

I don't hate it, but I don't love it. Maybe eventually I'll give it a shot but I'm not going to rush to do it.

I think it's great that one resort can have both styling options, at least for studios. Differentiating the longhouse studios from tower studios seemed important.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm torn on this. There was the original 70's plan for a tower, but that was an interesting design. This one is generic (ala the Riviera). It is certainly a big departure from the base Poly styling which seems lush and tropical by comparison (DVC rooms).

I don't hate it, but I don't love it. Maybe eventually I'll give it a shot but I'm not going to rush to do it.
The question is: would you want to buy a piece of it and pay for its upkeep?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Gosh, it sure is nice one person can sit and eat at the table in the studio. I guess the other 3 are supposed to stand? :rolleyes:
I think it can fit 2 adults or 3 kids; regardless, it’s more seating than nearly all of the other DVC studios on property, and I for one am thrilled to see them reversing the trend of removing tables from studio sized rooms; it had been driving me bananas.

Ayla

I think it can fit 2 adults or 2 kids; regardless, it’s more seating than nearly all of the other DVC studios on property, and I for one am thrilled to see them reversing the trend of removing tables from studio sized rooms; it had been driving me bananas.
They've been removing tables from all the rooms, not just DVC.

JohnD

…i mean…Waikiki Hilton 1985…
Judging by the colors. 1975. I mean, the room basically had this.
1717505886069.png

ToTBellHop

Which is insanity. Sometimes I think these people have never met a child.
Toddlers eat off the floor so they might as well eat on the floor, right?

Personally, I prefer the longhouse studios. They’re enormous and closer to the TTC for easier access to Epcot.

I presume the Tower studios will be booked independently of longhouse studios since they’re so different.

easyrowrdw

Did the recent graduates miss the part of design class where they are allowed to use more than shades of beige, white, and tan in a design? Or was that something that came from Burbank?
That’s my biggest complaint too. The redesign at the original Poly DVC rooms went with lighter colors too, but at least we still had the black and blue second shower and brightly colored art work. These rooms seem nice; they’re just so pale.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
It’s not tacky…but it’s super neutral/bland
But that seems to be the style they're going with all around with new and renovated DVC rooms.

It certainly has more theming than Saratoga's new rooms, but you're not exactly going to Saratoga for the immersive theming, whereas you may when you're visiting the Poly.

I guess the best description would be that it's adequate.

easyrowrdw

Personally, I prefer the longhouse studios. They’re enormous and closer to the TTC for easier access to Epcot.

I presume the Tower studios will be booked independently of longhouse studios since they’re so different.
These studios only sleep 4 so I think they’ll have to keep them separate from the originals that sleep 5. We’re a family of 5 so we’ll stick with the longhouses. A one-bedroom could be nice but I’m guessing I’ll need to buy more points to afford that 😂

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Did the recent graduates miss the part of design class where they are allowed to use more than shades of beige, white, and tan in a design? Or was that something that came from Burbank?

"Tone-on-tone layering is one of this year's most popular design techniques. Play with colors and patterns within one singular color scheme to achieve a look of sophistication and modern style. You can also use different textures and materials within the color palette to elevate your home design."

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom