News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m very “meh” on this whole project; the rooms themselves seem alright but the building leaves something to be desired.

Ultimately, I blame the folks who laid out the whole resort in the 60s for this; why on earth is the poly built directly adjacent to the magic kingdom parking lot? They had 27k acres and decided that was where they were gonna squeeze things together
Because that was an overgrown…quite nasty swamp in 1965…they had to terraform everything built…so they needed to use the space as cost efficiently as possible?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I guess now I’m wondering what, if anything, constitutes a theme park view at a Disney resort
At Grand Californian I looked approximately straight down into the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. Not exactly the most exciting view, but it was undeniably a theme park view.

Like all rooms at VGC, it was of course characterized as “Standard View” 🤷‍♂️

easyrowrdw

Accommodations could've used more touches of color, here and there.

Not a fan of the kitchenette positioning in the Studio. I don't find the addition of a dishwasher in a Studio to be a big plus.

And again with those tiny Studios for 2, like the Tower Studios at Riviera. Are they that popular, btw? I guess they work fine for a solo traveler, but for two?, tight and crowded, imo.
The regular studios seem tight too. The others are the biggest studios on property with 2 bathrooms (1 toilet). These only accommodate 4 with what looks like 1 bathroom. I wonder if Disney expects these to be booked more as lock-offs given that there are already so many studios at the resort.

CastAStone

Premium Member
So the Tower studios should really have a lower points value than the longhouse studios. Interesting to see if that is the case.
I guess that depends whether you think a more complete kitchenette with a table and bench, a mini-fridge, a dishwasher, and real plates and cups is more valuable than a second shower and sink and an extra sleeping surface. I bet they’ll be the same.

CastAStone

Premium Member
The regular studios seem tight too. The others are the biggest studios on property with 2 bathrooms (1 toilet). These only accommodate 4 with what looks like 1 bathroom. I wonder if Disney expects these to be booked more as lock-offs given that there are already so many studios at the resort.
I would love to see what they do with the kitchenette space in the dedicated 2BRs. Should open things up a lot in there.

Overall the rooms seem less rectangular and more square.

Sectorkeeper71

At Grand Californian I looked approximately straight down into the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. Not exactly the most exciting view, but it was undeniably a theme park view.

Like all rooms at VGC, it was of course characterized as “Standard View” 🤷‍♂️
When they have done a “theme park” resort intentionally, it seems to work really well. GC, Disneyland hotel in Paris, and Mira Costa in Tokyo all blend in to their surroundings super well and have from what I can tell incredible views. But they were also designed with that feature in mind

Chip Chipperson

Based on the video and pictures, I like the 1-BR Villas having a 2nd full bathroom and the addition of the dishwasher to the Deluxe Studios, but the 2nd shower in the longhouse studios is a nice feature that didn't carry over to the new tower (not that anyone could have realistically expected it).

I don't like that even the "water themed" rooms have so much beige and very little blue/aqua anywhere. Would it have killed them to add a little color to the curtains??? Islands are more than just sand.

Another possible negative is the apparent omission of a 3rd bathroom in the 2-BR Villas that is present in the other DVC resorts that have a 2nd bathroom in the 1-BR Villas. That 3rd bathroom is clutch when you have a full room because whoever is sleeping in the living room still has their own bathroom so they don't have to go into someone else's bedroom at night if they need to use the bathroom.

BrianLo

😂

I guess now I’m wondering what, if anything, constitutes a theme park view at a Disney resort.
IMG_5291.jpg

This image is taken from the toilet of the Riviera Tower Studios. It made me chuckle.

Truly the throne of theme park views. Ironically it's a standard view, so I guess there is no such thing as a theme park view.

Fido Chuckwagon

Fido Chuckwagon

Speaking of points, has the point chart or maintenance fees for this resort been announced?
It's the existing association, so it's going to be the current polynesian maintenance fees, which are $8.23 per point, which isn't bad. The points chart is still unknown but expect those 1 & 2 bedroom units to be steep given the poly already has the steepest points price for studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom