News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Dunston

AKA Epcots Mall Playground....With Dancing and M&G's
Cherry-Creek-North.jpg
Glad I'm not the only one who can see this as a mall addition.
I don't see what the issue here is. The Imagineers of the Play Pavillion are paying homage to the original Wonders of Life, which looked like a 90's shopping mall food court.

jt04

"Hello in there, Cliff. Tell me... what color is the sky in your world?" - Dr. Frasier Crane

You do realize that GotG is Marvel content, correct?

In case you haven't heard or seen, it is being installed in the old Energy pavilion.

I doubt it is by accident.

EPCOTCenterLover

As far as I've read, I haven't seen one "EPCOT Center purist" post where they wish things wouldn't change. I have read posts that say they wish the Company had kept the original vision for the park and maintained and updated it with enhancements that are in keeping with the original theme and vision. That's the camp I'm in. Have I missed something?

jt04

As far as I've read, I haven't seen one "EPCOT Center purist" post where they wish things wouldn't change. I have read posts that say they wish the Company had kept the original vision for the park and maintained and updated it with enhancements that are in keeping with the original theme and vision. That's the camp I'm in. Have I missed something?

It is the most fascinating aspect of this. I can't imagine what they were hearing in the rumor mill. And it isn't their acceptance that is compelling. It is the enthusiastic support.

That said, I think this is a great short term solution.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

In case you haven't heard or seen, it is being installed in the old Energy pavilion.

No ride ends up where it is "by accident", but the choice to put it there doesn't necessarily mean that they plan to build a whole Marvel area around it. The Play pavilion doesn't look like something that is meant to be a temporary addition.

jt04

No ride ends up where it is "by accident", but the choice to put it there doesn't necessarily mean that they plan to build a whole Marvel area around it. The Play pavilion doesn't look like something that is meant to be a temporary addition.

Then we have to accept that Future World will be a themeless catchall of the latest IP. Not the Disney I know.

I'm wondering if the purists believe they can wait out Iger and return Future World to its origins. Dodge the Marvel bullet so to speak.

I doubt it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Yep. What other Marvel characters do you think can go into Epcot, or any WDW theme park, for that matter? Just remember to exclude the Avengers, almost anyone with ties to the Avengers, Spider-Man, the X-Men, FF... Take your time, we'll wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom