News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

eddie104

Greatest thing to happen would be if they reimagined those plans to do an updated Wonders of Life pavilion.. but again, only time will tell and we’ll just have to hope management changes sooner than later
They need to add an actual ride back to the pavilion. I’m not sure what IP would work in this location but something a little more substantial than the initial plans would be nice.

Last edited:

Indy_UK

Can’t see this roof work being a nudge to the pavilion actually getting worked on.

I hope they stick to the plan they’ve set for it but I’m not hopeful

Surferboy567

The website that must not be named is saying this has been cancelled.

This decision was apparently made at the retreat. Not sure how they would know that.

If this is true, it’s laughable they are cancelling yet another project for EPCOT. It’s not key in anyway, but given how much is coming to WDW in the coming years, cancelling another project I don’t think looks good at all.

It’s a long shot, but hoping Poppins goes though (it probably won’t).

bhg469

I would characterize it as being postponed indefinitely. I’m sure the building will open as something, someday. A good deal of work is done.

This will probably end up like Pop Legendary Years.
Work was going on in there? That is pretty surprising considering how it looks from the monorail. You can see a good bit of it and the place looks like an abandoned structure.

Casper Gutman

On the one hand, this was a terrible idea that would have been outdated from the moment it opened and simply added to the large, unpopulated, purposeless indoor spaces that define EPCOT.

On the other hand, this is yet another cost driven cut of an attraction that was announced with much ballyhoo several years ago and a failure to add capacity to a resort that desperately needs it.

A real win-win.

On the subject of Disney’s charming habit of announcing projects years in advance and then canceling them, Uni STILL hasn’t announced the new Minions attraction and restaurant even though both will likely open within a year and construction is very visibly under way on both. One resort sells attractions, one sells deceptive promises of future attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom